Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Stephen Stills - 1979-03-23 - Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ (SBD)

Stephen Stills
1979-03-23
Capitol Theatre
Passaic, NJ
FM Broadast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Precious Love
02. For What It's Worth
03. You Can't Dance Alone
04. Cuba Al Fin
05. Go Back Home
06. How Wrong Can You Be
07. Love The One You're With
08. Make Love To You
09. Cherokee
10. Rock & Roll Crazies  Cuban Bluegrass > Jet Set Sigh
11. Uncle James
12. Thoroughfair Gap
13. Come On In My Kitchen


1979: On July 7, 1979, I saw Stephen Stills solo for the only time (I've seen him 6 times with CSN &amp once with CSNY), at the Garden State Arts Center (now the PNC Bank Arts Center thanks to the wonderful world of corporate sponsorship) I was 20 years old, in the summer between my sophomore and junior years in college. For all of us, summer was about 3 things - girls, beer and concerts. Especially beer and concerts since the drinking age was 18 back then! The Stills show marked the start of a run of 4 concerts in 3 weeks, as the next day we headed off to Belmont Race Track to see Blondie and Rockpile. Then, the next 2 Saturdays, July 14 and July 21, we saw Jorma Kaukonen in Asbury Park and the Allman Brothers at Madison Square Garden. This FM broadcast captures Stills a bit earlier in that 1979 tour, at teh Capitol Theater in Passaic on March 23, 1979, 38 years ago today.

7 comments:

Digam11 said...

Hello, I am brand new here ( just grabbed another Stills set ... the Havana , Cuba set )and was hoping you could re post a link for this set I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mike

speedymjb said...

wLECOME! gLAD YOU LIKE THE SITE! NEW LINK IS UP - ENJOY! AND CHECK OUT MY SELF PUBLISHED BOOK - TEN RULES OF THE ROAD i LEARNED AT MY FIRST CONCERT - IT'S WORTH THE MONEY AND A GREAT WAY TO SAY THANKS OFR ALL THE MUSIC I PROVIDE!

Digam11 said...

Hello again, thank you for the new link. I think I am having "new guy" problems. Can't seem to download the show. I LEFT click and box comes up for free download ( slow or fast ), I pick the slow download and box comes up asking me if I want to leave this page ? If I try right clicking on the new link , to save it, it says the file is corrupted ( ? ). I had no problem w/ the initial S Stills I downloaded yesterday ( it was a RAR file ). Same thing is happening when I try to download the new Tom Petty show you just posted. Any help would be appreciated. Mike

speedymjb said...

wHEN YOU CLICK ON SLOW DOWNLOAD A NBEW BIOX SHOULD APPEAR TO ASK YOU TO CONFIRM FAST OR SLOW DOWNLKOAD. ALWAYS PICK SLOW. iF IT DOESNT WORK TRY USING CHROME AS YOUR BROWESER AS THAT'S WHAT I USE AND I NEVER HAVE AN ISSUE

Digam11 said...

GOT IT !!! Thanks. Used Chrome, Microsoft blocked it as unsafe but I grabbed it anyway. Sounds great. Thanks very much for the help. Mike

speedymjb said...

GLAD IT WORKED!

Scooter said...

Thank you speedy for these wonderful Stephen Stills shows.

Post a Comment