Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Jerry Garcia Band - 1979-12-20 - Palo Alto, CA (SBD)

Jerry Garcia Band
1979-12-20
The Keystone
Palo Alto CA
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. That's Alright Mama
02. How Sweet It Is
03. Catfish John
04. After Midnight
05. Love in the Afternoon
06. Let it Rock
07. Simple Twist of Fate
08. Tore Up Over You


Jerry Garcia 1979 - Back To Back - #1: In October 2013, the building at 260 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto was torn down, over the course of a week's time, as captured in this video. At various times in the 50 years prior, the site had been a natural food store, a German restaurant,  a night club called Sophies, and finally the Illusions restaurant.  The location is most famous, however, for housing the Keystone Palo Alto, a rock club in the 1970s and 1980s, which was the sister to the Keystone Berkeley. Between 1977 and 1986, Jerry Garcia played the Keystone Palo Alto on 76 occasions (which seems like a huge number until you realize he played the Berkeley club 206 times!).  This soundboard recording captures Jerry at The Keystone Palo Alto on December 20, 1979, 39 years ago today! Download this one, then come back tomorrow for part 2 of this back to back entry.



3 comments:

Pig Street! said...

Thanks Speedy!

jim said...

Thanks, for another year of great shows. Have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. I have not had much to say, because I inherited a salvage yard & have been operating a front end loader, & an excavator to clean it up, so it will pass DEP. I had 3 1/2 yrs. of legal battles to get some squatters off the property, but, I do have 2 customers waiting in the wings. Have a Happy New Year. I have been taking extra meds & saying extra prayers, to keep going, 8 hrs. a day, 6 days a week. I'll let you know when I'm done. Have some egg nog for me!!

speedymjb said...

@Jim - a very merry Christmas and happy new year to you as well. May all your troubles be gone in the new year! And please keep stopping by here my good friend where we will always have good music to share with you!

Post a Comment