Los Lobos
1985-12-31
The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. New Years Countdown > Auld Lang Syne
02. Will The Wolf Survive
03. Think It Over
04. Come On Let's Go
05. The Mess We're In
06. Our Last Night
07. How Much Can I Do
08. Anselma
09. Is This All There Is
10. A Matter of Time
11. Evangeline
12. I Got Loaded
13. Let's Say Goodnight
14. Serenata NorteƱa
15. Corrido #1
16. Volver, Volver
17. We're Gonna Rock
18. The Hardest Time
19. Don't Worry Baby >
20. 300 Pounds of Heavenly Joy >
21. Walking with Frankie Lee > I'm A Girl Watcher >
22. La Bamba
Los Lobos 1985 - Back To Back - #2: As promised yesterday, here's the 2nd half of our Back to Back set featuring Los Lobos in 1985. This one's a soundboard recording from December 31, 1985, 33 years ago today. Just like the preceding night, the set list foreshadows the band;s big breakout in 1987, including 3 tunes from By The Light of The Moon (Is This All There Is, The Hardest Time and The Mess We're In), plus their cover of La Bamba, a tune originally sung by Ritchie Valens. By the way, the penultimate song of the night is quite a rare and unique cover - a version of I'm A Girl Watcher. That tune, which was released in 1965, went to #5 on the charts and was the only hit for a band called the The O'Kaysions!



6 comments:
No link!! Please can you rep? Thanks a lot!!!
Andyrock66
new link is up - enjoy
Oh you're great!!!!! I love your blog! It's full of treasures!!!!Thank you very much, my friend!!!!
Andyrock66
OK, I promise, this is the last one I will request for a long time. Your recent post of the night before got me looking for a real version of I'm The Girl Watcher (12/30 was just a one verse tease). So can you please bring this one back to life for me? Thank you and stay healthy!
No problem at all my friend - request whenever you need something - I trust you to be fair about it - this one and 12/30 have both been reposted
Thanks so much. You are just so nice about doing this! By the way, Upload Files is a tremendous platform for hosting the music. It's really fast and I'm not getting any spam type messages. I think you've found a really good one there, much better than Send Space (and infinitely better than Zippy!).
Post a Comment