Van Morrison
1973-05-26
The Troubadour,
West Hollywood, CA.
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. I’ve Been Working
02. Young Lovers Do
03. Purple Heather
04. Come Running
05. Sweet Thing
06. Blue Money
07. Green
08. Wild Night
09. Caravan
10. Cypress Avenue
Bonus Tracks
Montreuz Jass Festival
1974-06-30
11. It’s Not The Twilight Zone
12. Foggy Mountain Top
13. Heathrow Shuffle
14. Naked In The Jungle
1973-05-26
The Troubadour,
West Hollywood, CA.
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. I’ve Been Working
02. Young Lovers Do
03. Purple Heather
04. Come Running
05. Sweet Thing
06. Blue Money
07. Green
08. Wild Night
09. Caravan
10. Cypress Avenue
Bonus Tracks
Montreuz Jass Festival
1974-06-30
11. It’s Not The Twilight Zone
12. Foggy Mountain Top
13. Heathrow Shuffle
14. Naked In The Jungle
In May 1973, Van Morrison launched a 3 month tour of the US and Europe, accompanied by with his legendary backing band, the Caledonia Soul Orchestra. Music historians often label these shows as among the finest of his long storied career. Even the fickle Morrison seems to agree, having said at the time that “I am getting more into performing. It's incredible. When I played Carnegie Hall in the fall something just happened. All of a sudden I felt like 'you're back into performing' and it just happened like that...A lot of times in the past I've done gigs and it was rough to get through them. But now the combination seems to be right and it's been clicking a lot.” The concert performances were described by writer Erik Hage as "sequences of a young soul lion whipping the crowd into a frenzy and then stopping on a dime—teasing out anticipation, rushing, receding, and coaxing every drop out of his band." The tour produced the album Its Too Late To Stop Now, which critics have hailed as one of the finest live discs ever recorded. Of course, on the heels of that success, in typical Van fashion, he abruptly went in a different direction, disbanding the Caledonia Soul Orchestra just 3 months after the tour ended. This soundboard recording captures Van The Man during that legendary tour on May 26, 1973, 46 years ago today.



5 comments:
This is a really nice boot from the period. There were a number of shows recorded for the It's Too Late To Stop Now album and this is one of them. However the last four tracks are not from that tour or that band. They are from Montreux 74. I believe Jerome Rinsome is on Bass, Pete Winfield on keyboards and Dallas Taylor on Drums.
Worth the download for "Wild Night" alone!
Thank You!
Speedy: Always something great here! Folks can check out the following link for additional info on this release: http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2011/03/van-morrriss-son-los-angeles-1973.html
While the links are all dead, I do have the FLAC if anyone is interested.
/Deckard
Deckard - thanks for the kind words!
Post a Comment