Joe Jackson
1979-04-21
Eearly Show
The Bottom Line
New York, NY
WNEW-FM broadcast
320 Kbps
Artwork Included
01. WNEW intro
02. One More Time
03. Pretty Girls
04. Look Sharp
05. Sunday Papers
06. Baby Stick Around
07. WNEW Station I.D.
08. ...a slight problem with the drums...
09. It's Different For Girls
10. Fools In Love
11. Is She Really Going Out With Him?
12. Happy Loving Couples > band introductions
13. I'm The Man
14. Throw It Away
15. WNEW break
16. Come On
17. WNEW break
18. Ain't That A Shame
19. WNEW outro and credits
Joe Jackson’s debut album, Look Sharp was released in the UK in January 1979, and then in the US, in April of that same year. Propelled by the single Is She really Going Out With Him, which climbed to #21 on the Billboard Charts, the album did even one better, reaching the #20 position. Jackson arrived in the US for his first tour at just about the same time the album hit record stores. This FM broadcast captures him during that tour at his first concert in New York City at the legendary Bottom Line on April 21, 1979, 41 years ago today.



3 comments:
Haven't commented before so let me sincerely THANK YOU for all of your posts. I've thoroughly enjoyed your site and have downloaded numerous concerts now over the years. I think our musical tastes somewhat jibe and while I don't host a downloading site, I have hard copies of a zillion shows that I would be happy to share with you. Anyway, thanks for this Joe Jackson Show - can't believe that I didn't have this one. Joe - for some reason - doesn't have the cred of Elvis Costello & Graham Parker with whom he is too often compared. His career spanning albums along with a very entertaining autobiography brought a lot to the genre
Thanks for the kind words about the site!
Thanks. Had this on cassette for years. Saw his 1st US show at the old Fast Lane in Asbury Park, NJ not too long before this.
Post a Comment