Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 25, 2025

Paul McCartney - 2022-06-25 - Glastonbury, Pilton, UK (Webcast)

Paul McCartney
2022-06-25
Glastonbury Festival 
The Pyramid  Stage
Worthy Farm
Pilton, England
Webcast Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Can't Buy Me Love 
02. Junior's Farm 
03. Letting Go 
04. Got To Get You Into My Life 
05. Come On To Me
06. Let Me Roll It > Foxy Lady jam
07. Getting Better 
08. Let 'Em In 
09. My Valentine
10. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five 
11. Maybe I'm Amazed
12. I've Just Seen a Face 
13. In Spite Of All the Danger 
14. Love Me Do 
15. Dance Tonight
16. Blackbird 
17. Here Today
18. New
19. Lady Madonna 
20. Fuh You
21. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite! 
22. Something 
23. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da [
24. You Never Give Me Your Money 
25. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window 
26. Get Back 
27. I Saw Her Standing There (with Dave Grohl)
28. Band On the Run (with Dave Grohl)
29. Glory Days (with Bruce Springsteen)
30. I Wanna Be Your Man (with Bruce Springsteen)
31. Let It Be
32. Live And Let Die 
33. Hey Jude 

Encore: 
34. I've Got A Feeling (virtual duet with John Lennon)
35. band introductions
36. Helter Skelter 
37. Golden Slumbers >
38. Carry That Weight >
39. The End (with Dave Grohl and Bruce Springsteen)


On June 16, 2022, I saw Sir Paul McCartney for the 9th time, a concert at Met Life stadium, just 2 days before his 80th birthday! Another 3 hour masterpiece, which included a guest appearance by Bruce Springsteen, for 2 songs, his Glory Days and The Beatles I Wanna Be Your Man. Bruce also sat in during the closing Abbey Road medley to add some blistering guitar work. The encore included a 2nd guest appearance, by a virtual John Lennon.  Using footage from the Rooftop Concert, Paul and John did a virtual duet on I've Got A Feeling, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Given Sir Paul's age, I may never get to see him live again, but the memories, especially from the last 4 shows which I attended with my wife and twin sons, will last forever. This webcast recording captures Sir Paul just 9 days after that MetLife show, on June 25, 2022, 3 years ago today, doing what any 80 year old would do - headlining the Glastonbury Festival for the 2nd time!.  The set includes the same guest spots by Springsteen, the virtual duet with John, plus an appearance by David Grohl during Band On The Run and The End.





3 comments:

Gman said...

Thank you Speedy. What a great story of your family's concert connection to Mecca! Hopefully you'll all get one more concert together with Sir Paul!

speedymjb said...

@Gman - my pleasure my friend! Thanks for all the kind words across numerous posts!

Anonymous said...

Many thanks. Looking forward to hearing this.

Post a Comment