Coming Attractions

From September 24 to 30, we'll bring you:
the Grateful Dead, Eric Clapton, Steve Miller, the Hurricane Andrew Relief concert, Spin Doctors, Graham Parker, Bill Graham Tribute Concert, the Grateful Dead, and John Hiatt!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Paul Simon - 2011-07-01 - London, UK (SBD)

Paul Simon
2011-07-01
I Tunes Festival
The Roundhouse
London UK
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Crazy Love, Vol. II 
02. Dazzling Blue 
03. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover 
04. So Beautiful Or So What 
05. Vietnam 
06. Mother And Child Reunion 
07. That Was Your Mother 
08. Hearts And Bones 
09. Mystery Train
10. Wheels
11. Slip Slidin' Away 
12. Rewrite 
13. Peace Like A River 
14. The Obvious Child 
15. The Only Living Boy iIn New York
16. The Afterlife 
17. Questions For The Angels 
18. Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes 
19. Gumboots

Encore:
29. The Sound Of Silence
21. Kodachrome 
22. Gone At Last 
23. Here Comes The Sun
24. The Boy In The Bubble 
25. Late In The Evening

Encore 2:
26. Still Crazy After All These Years 
27. You Can Call Me Al


201os - #1 - On April 8, 2011, Paul Simon released his 12th solo studi album, entitled So Beautiful or So What. The disc debuted at #4 on the billboard charts, selling almost 70,000 copies in its first week. The disc also received critical acclaim, with Allmusic giving it 4 ½ star review, while Robert Christgau gave it a grade of A. In addition, Rolling Stone ranked it #3 on its list of the 50 best albums of 2011. Simon went on tour from April to July in support of the album, then after a 2 month break, went back out on the road from October to December. This soundboard recording captures him in during the first leg of his tour, in London at the Itunes Festival on July 1, 2011, a dozen years ago today.





8 comments:

Gman said...

I saw PS on this tour and he was great! I thought I had a complete copy of this show, but not so much. Now I do! Thanks again, G.

Thomas said...

I'm a huge Paul Simon fan and hadn't heard of this show - in fact, hadn't heard of an "iTunes Festival" - so thanks a lot for this one !!

speedymjb said...

@gman - glad I could help complete the show for you. Unfortunately, Never saw Paul Simon. As I wrote in the book, I was too tired/lazy to take the subway 3 stops from my apartment to see him for free in Central Park. Not my brightest moment

swappers said...

Superb Speedy! Thanks for this been playing this one all weekend! Great quality and a great venue! Thank yooooo! [Will post links across as ever]

Anonymous said...

Hello - the link is dead now I think. If it's possible to repair this it would be great. Looks like a great concert. Thanks, Jerry

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy

Anonymous said...

Great - really looking forward to hearing this. Thank you for such a quick response. J

Anonymous said...

Yeah! this is great. He put together an amazing bunch of musicians for this tour. I didn't go for the album (so beautiful) at the time but hearing some of the tracks live like this began to change my mind. Thanks again. Jerry

Post a Comment