Coming Attractions

From August 1 to 8, we'll bring you:
Marshall Crenshaw, Blondie, Bruce Hornsby, the Allman Brothers Band, Los Lobos, Van Morrison, Greg Kihn, The Bangles, Paul McCartney, David Crosby, and Rockpile!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, September 29, 2023

America - 1998-09-29 - Santa Monica, CA (SBD or Ex Aud)

America
1998-09-29
Borders Bookstore 
Santa Monica, CA
Soundboard or Excellent Audience Recording
320 kbps'
Artwork Included

01. Introduction
02. Ventura Highway
03. I Need You
04. Pages
05. From A Moving Train
06. Sister Golden Hair
07. Horse With No Name


In 1998, America released their 14th studio album entitled Human Nature, their first disc of original material on over 4 years. To help support the album,  Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell played a series of intimate, in store promotional appearances across the country.  This soundboard (or excellent audience) recording captues one such session, an afternoon acoustic perfrormance at a Borders Book Store (anyone remeber Borders?) in Santa Monica on September 29, 1998, a quarter cntury ago today.




4 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks for this speedy

speedymjb said...

My pleasure - enjoy

greatscott67 said...

In answer to your question, Speedy, yes, I remember Borders. In fact, I worked at one for almost 10 years (not this one) and it was where I met my wife (she worked there too)! Still happily together many years later!

speedymjb said...

Great story and congratulations!

Post a Comment