Coming Attractions

From August 1 to 8, we'll bring you:
Marshall Crenshaw, Blondie, Bruce Hornsby, the Allman Brothers Band, Los Lobos, Van Morrison, Greg Kihn, The Bangles, Paul McCartney, David Crosby, and Rockpile!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Willie Nelson - 1985-09-28 - Fort Worth, TX (SBD)

Willie Nelson
1985-09-28
4th Annual Chicken Ranch Benefit
Will Rogers Memorial Center
Fort Worth, TX
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
  
01. Whiskey River
02. Stay a Little Longer
03. Good Hearted Woman
04. Funny How Time Slips Away >
05. Crazy >
06. Noght Life
07. Down Yonder
08. Living With My Dreams That Let You Down
09. Me And Paul
10. If You've Got the Money, I've Got the Time
11. Workin' Man Blues
12. Help Me Make It Through the Night
13. Me And Bobby McGee
14. Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)
15. Bloody Mary Morning
16. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
17. Insstrumental
18. Blue Skies
19. Georgia (On My Mind)
20. All Of Me
21. Stardust
22. My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys >
23. Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
24. Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
25. On the Road Again
26. Always On My Mind
27. Will The Circle Be Unbroken?
28. Amazing Grace
29. Uncloudy Day
30. Seven Spanish Angels
31. City Of New Orleans
32. To All the Girls I've Loved Before
33. Luckenbach, Texas (Back To The Basics Of Love)
34. Whiskey River
35. Still Is Still Moving To Me
36. Milk Cow Blues
37. I Saw The Light
38. I'm Waiting Forever
39. The Eyes of Me And The Eyes Of You
40. I Guess I've Come To Live Here In Your Eyes
41. Mountain Dew
42. I'm Not Trying To Forget You Anymore
43. Whiskey River


On September 22, 1985, Neil Young, Willie Nelson & John Mellencamp, inspired by Bob Dylan's pleas at Live Aid to help the family farmer in America, launched Farm Aid intending to do just that! That firs concert, which was held at the University of Illinois, attracted 80,000 fans and raised over $9 million. The inaugural Farm Aid had the largest roster of artists of any of the shows, as the mood of giving back, fostered by Live Aid, inspired a diverse and eclectic group of artists to lend a hand. From Van Halen, with new lead singer Sammy Hagar, to John Denver, from the Beach Boys to Foreigner, from BB King to Kenny Rogers, all topped off by a set from the man whose words triggered a movement, the one and only Bob Dylan, tThe first Farm Aid set the standard for the future, musicians uniting for a cause invoking the spirit of the 1960s where rock and roll helped change the world. Over the past 38 years the effort has raised well over $70 million to help America's family farms while also serving a a key organization to raise awareness of the importance and plight of those farmers. You can help by going here to donate.  This sounboard recording captures founder Willie nelson about a week after that hitoric first Fram Aid show, in Fort worth on September 28, 1985, 38 years ago today.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ole' Willie! Thank you.

JeffConn said...

Willie has just released his 100th studio album 'Bluegrass'. Always great to hear him.

speedymjb said...

100 studio albums.!!! That's insane! A true legend in rock and country!

greatscott67 said...

FYI, Speedy, I don't think the venue is correct for this show. The Backyard at Bee Cave is just outside of Austin, not Fort Worth. I know because I lived in Austin for a couple of years and went to several shows there.

I did some digging and found this link to a poster that seems to show the correct venue as the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth. Don't know if it's worth changing the post over, but at least the info is here.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1985-willie-nelson-rolls-1797730706

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the correct venue! This site also indicates it was the 4th Annual Chicken Rancj Benefit! https://stillisstillmoving.com/willienelson/willie-nelsons-itinerary-1985/

Post a Comment