Peter Frampton
2023-08-12
Thunder Valley
Lincoln, CA
IEM Audience Matrix Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Intro
02. Lying
03. Shine On
04. I Got My Eyes On You
05. Lines on My Face
06. Show Me the Way
07. Georgia (On My Mind)
08. The Crying Clown
09. Nassau
10. Baby, I Love Your Way
11. All I Wanna Be (Is by Your Side)
12. Can't Take That Away
13. Black Hole Sun
14. (I'll Give You) Money
15. Do You Feel Like We Do
16. Four Day Creep
17. I Don't Need No Doctor
18. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
For Peter Frampton, the year 1969 marked the start of his long, storied career. At just 18 years old, he joined Steve Marriott, formerly of the Small Faces, to form Humble Pie. The band released their first album, As Safe As Yesterday Is, in August 1969. The disc went to #26 on the UK charts, with the single, Natural Born Bugie, climbing to #4. The band would't tour the US until November, 3 months after Woodstock.
This IEM audience matrix recording captures Frampton 54 years after hsi debut with Humble Pie, and the Woodtsock Festival, in Lincoln on August 12, 2023, a year ago today. That Frampton is still playing live at this point is a bit of a miracle. He was diagnosed in 2019 with inclusion body myositis (IBM), a progressive muscle disorder characterised by muscle inflammation, weakness, and atrophy. He originally believed his 2019 tour would be his last due to the disease, which forces him to stay seated during concerts. Fortunateley, he continues to be healthy, and optimistic, naming the 2023 tour that this show is from Never Say Never!



5 comments:
Thank you for this one, I love Peter Frampton. Unfortunately I couldn't make the show when he came through Vegas, but this will be a nice substitute.
Thanks for this share!
Nice to see him opening the show with "Lying". Premonition is a good album which tends to be forgotten.
Actually, even before Humble Pie he had some hits in the UK with The Herd.
THANKS
A superb recording and setlist. This recording is definitely top notch. Would work as an official release.
Post a Comment