Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bruce Hornsby - 2009-09-26 - New York, NY (EX Aud)

Bruce Hornsby
& the Noisemakers
2009-09-26
Town Hall
New York, NY
HQ Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. I Truly Understand >
02. A Night On The Town > I Truly Understand
03. Paperboy
04. The Good Life
05. Little Sadie > White Wheeled Limousine
06. Preacher In The Ring Part 1 >
07. Preacher In The Ring Part 2
08. The Way It Is

CD 2:
01. I Truly Understand >
02. Prairie Dog Town
03. Black Rats of London *
04. The Valley Road
05. The Show Goes On
06. Rainbow's Cadillac
07. King Of The Hill
08. The End Of The Innocence

Encore:
09. Cyclone  


Is it possible for a memorable concert moment take place outside the concert hall with no music playing? Well, my answer to that question is a resounding yes! My wife and I saw Bruce Hornsby on October 24, 2009, at Town Hall in solid show by Bruce and the Noisemakers. After the show, as we pulled our car out of the parking lot and headed for home, we drove past the theater. Standing outside was the band - no Hornsby - but all the Noisemakers. I rolled down the window and yelled "you guys were great tonight". And the next thing I knew, the entire band came over to the car. The were shaking my hand, chatting with my wife and I, and thanking us for attending the show. Horns were honking, lights were flashing and we ignored it all , chatting away with with the Noisemakers. We held up traffic on 43rd street, just a block from Times Square for over 5 minutes. Only in New York! This excellent audience recording captures Bruce & The Noisemakers at the same New York venue 5 years later on September 26, 2009, 3 years ago today.



0 comments:

Post a Comment