Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Led Zeppelin - 1973-01-07 - Oxford, UK (SBD)

Led Zeppelin
1973-01-07
New Theatre
Oxford, UK
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01: Rock And Roll
02: Over The Hills & Far Away
03: Celebration Day
04: Black Dog
05: Misty Mountain Hop
06: Since I've Been Loving You
07: Dancing Days
08: Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
09: The Song Remains The Same
10: The Rain Song

CD 2:
01: Dazed And Confused
02: Stairway To Heaven
03: Whole Lotta Love


Led Zep 1973 - #1 - On November 30, 1972, Led Zeppelin launched a 25 date tour of the UK, which ran until January 30, 1973, their first shows in their home country in just about a year. The original 110,000 tickets, priced a £1, sold out within four hours of the box offices opening on November 10. This run of shows holds an interesting place in Led Zeppelin's history for several reasons. First, it was the last full fledged tour of the UK by the band. The only subsequent shows that they would play in England prior to John Bonham’s death in 1980 would be 5 nights at Earl’s Court in 1975 and 2 performances at Knebworth on 1979. Second, the tour would also be the last time that the band played small venues, such as the 1800 seat New Theatre in Oxford.. The arena/stadium era would commence for Led Zep right after these shows. Finally, this tour was supposed to have produced the first Led Zep live album, however, the band eventually decided to use the Madison Square Garden performances later that year for the disc The Song Remains The Same. This soundboard recording from January 7, 1973, 42 years ago today, captures Led Zep on in Oxford, about ½ way through the tour! Download this one, then come back on January 22 for the 2nd part of this Same Tour, Different Show set featuring Led Zep’s 1973 UK tour.


















9 comments:

Adam Dean said...

Hi Speedy - I have some ROIO shows that I want to send you. I have searched this blog for a contact or e-mail address but find none. Do you post that anywhere? If not how can I contact you? I am a faithful long-time follower of your awesome blog. Thanks! Adam Dean

speedymjb said...

Adam - appreciate you kind words and support. I don't give out contact email - just one of those internet saferty things!

Best way to contact me is to leave a comment undrr a post, jut slike you did. And thanks for your willingness to share shows with me. best way to do that is to upload it to a site such as zippyshare or sendspace and leave the download link in a comment.for me to retrieve. If that doesn't work for you, don't sweat it. Thanks again.

Jackson said...

This looks like a really exciting show speedy - thanks! I enjoy your write-up too, it really adds to it. I had no idea this English band only played in England a handful more times after this show!!

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Adam Dean said...

I can do that, Speedy and will do so. Understood and no worries. Thanks again for setting the music free.

Tunz Master Dino said...

this is an awesome boot. have had it for some time now, if you don't have it & you love the mighty zepp....... I recommend downloading. ;) hope you & yours are staying warm speedyroo

Tunz Master Dino said...

I checked out 2 ADS TOO for music to buy at amazon, ty for having them there :)

speedymjb said...

Thanks Dino! I plan to stop by the chat box at Beaker's place later. Hope to ctach you there.

And folks - when the TUNZ MASTER recommends a Led Zep show, then you have to download it. When it comes to all things Led Zep, no one has more insight and info, than Tunz Master Dino!

Anonymous said...

Speedy,
Thnx for this one! I saw Led Zep at MSG 73'. Was in 9th Grade, took the train/subway into the city from Jersey. This set here reminds me of that show. They were filming that night as well.
Street Pig!

Post a Comment