Bob Dylan and The Band
1974-01-14
Afternoon show
Boston Garden
Boston MA
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Rainy Day Women #12 and 35
02. Lay Lady Lay
03. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
04. It Ain't Me Babe
05. I Don't Believe You
06. Ballad Of A This Man
07. Stage Fright
08. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Do
09. King Harvest
10. This Wheel's On Fire
11. I Shall Be Released
12. Up On Cripple Creek
13. All Along The Watchtower
14. Ballad Of Hollis Brown
15. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
16. Times They Are a Changin'
17. Don't Think Twice
18. Gates Of Eden
19. Just Like A Woman
20. It's All Right Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
21. Rag Mama Rag
22. When You Awake
23. The Shape I'm In
24. The Weight
25. Forever Young
26. Something There is About You
27. Like A Rolling Stone
28. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
LINK REMOVED - OFFICIALLY RELEASED
Dylan & The Band 1974- #1: As 1974 began, The Band, after headlining shows in 1973, including playing with the Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead at Watkins Glen, went back to an old role - backing up Bob Dylan in concert. Dylan and The Band launched a 40 date, 21 city tour that began on January 3 and ended on February 14. For Dylan, it was his first major tour in 8 years. Demand for tickets was nearly unprecedented in rock history. Tickets were sold by mail order only and tour promoter Bill Graham claimed they received 12 million requests for 500,000 seats. Top ticket prices were $9.50, an extravagant sum in 1974 (and only $340 less than the top ticket prices on today’s high profile tours). Of course, highlights of that incredible tour were released on the double album, Before The Flood. Numerous bootlegs of the tour are also available, such as this soundboard recording from the Boston Garden on January 14, 1974, 41 years ago today. By the way - this is the afternoon show - can you believe they actually played 2 shows on the same day? Never happen anymore. Download this one, then come back on January 31 for part 2 of this Same Tour Different show set.



16 comments:
Saw this tour when they played Memphis in 1974. My first Dylan show, & I was blown away. Always looking for good shows from that particular tour. The Band played their collective asses off, & of course Bob just Bobbed out. Excellent stuff.
I will be sending you the files that complete this show (last 8 songs) so you can post a complete show - same excellent sound quality. I saw the tour in Philly on January 4th (Early Show) - my 1st of many many Dylan concerts over the years. I recall how mesmerizing he was on srage. Cheers! Adam
How do I reach you? I can't find a link or e-mail address or how to connect with you?
Adam -- Thanks much. Just post a download link to the files in a comment under this post. I'll take it from there. Don't publish an email because I'd simply be overwhelmed with mail.
Speedy - Here is the rest of this show @256. Not certain why Swingin Pig only lists 20 tracks as these files have been available to collectors for years. For all of your readers who like complete shows - here you go:
Description: 21 Rag Mama Rag
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c2lbbv
Description: 22 When You Awake
http://www.sendspace.com/file/taqaki
Description: 23 The Shape I'm In
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nfbbmb
Description: 24 The Weight
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a0r6wa
Description: 25 Forever Young
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yzu11w
Description: 26 Something There Is About You
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qoq8c8
Description: 27 Like A Rolling Stone
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qlvf51
Description: 28 Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i17oed
Cheers! Adam
Adam - Thanks for the links to tracks 21 to 28!
A friend told me of your site and now i'm really mad at him, hes known about it for quite a while and didnt tell me about it before this. FANTASTIC assortment of high quality live music
Being a fan of The Band and being from Boston I cant wait to hear this show. Thanks again
Thanks for the kind words. Download all you can, then go yell at your friend!
Thank you once again speedy for another excellant post. I am guilty of not thanking you every time I download but PLEASE know that I very much appreciate all the work you put into this blog. This music is an island of sanity in a world where harmony can sometimes be in short supply.
Looks like 21-28 are gone. Thanks anyway.
I just download the file and all 28 tracks are there
Hello speedy, could you please reupload this concert once again? Thank you so much for your work on this blog!
new link will only be up for a day or two as the Dylan portion has been officially released. I also limited what hosts I put it on. Grab it quick as I don't want to leave it up too long as Dylan's team is very touchy about bootlegs of officaial material.
Hello speedy, thank you very much for reuploading! I got it and enjoy it just now!
Hello speedy, thank you very much for the new link! I'm listening just now to this show. Thanks again!
My pleasure! Enjoy!
Post a Comment