Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 3, 2014

Elvis Presley - 1973-02-03 - Las Vegas, NV (SBD)

Elvis Presley
1973-02-03
Midnight Show
Hilton Hotel
Las Vegas, NV
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. See See Rider        
02. I Got A Woman > Amen      
03. Until It's Time For You To Go        
04. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me        
05. Steamroller Blues        
06. You Gave Me A Mountain        
07. Fever      
08. Love Me      
09. Blue Suede Shoes        
10. Love Me Tender        
11. Johnny B. Goode       
12. Hound Dog      
13. What Now My Love   
14. Suspicious Minds      
15. Introductions      
16. I Can't Stop Loving You        
17. An American Trilogy        
18. Can't Help Falling In Love

Bonus Tracks:       
19. Sweet Caroline (02/02/1973 Midnight Show)
20. I'll Remember You (02/03/1973 Dinner Show)

OFFICIAL RELEASE - LINK REMOVED

As promised yesterday, here's part two of Elvis in Las Vegas in early 1973, a soundboard recording from his midnight show from February 3, 1973, 41 years ago today. Neither this or the previous day's show, it should be pointed out, featured Burning Love, despite the fact that the song had topped the charts in late 1972.  While Elvis had played the song during the Aloha from Hawaii broadcast, in truth he didn't particularly care for the tune nor did he feel comfortable singing it.  He did feel right at home, however, covering Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline, which he included in his February 2 set list and appears here as a bonus track so you can enjoy it a 2nd time!

















5 comments:

Catfish John said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Only one slight issue here: This is in fact an official release, in this actual cover, and on RCA's own subsidiary Follow That dream label for collectors.

Doesn't bother me one bit. But I'd hate to see this excellent blog be criticized.

Best wishes.

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't realize this was an official release. As is our policy, no official releases, so I'll take the link down.

Anonymous said...

Elvis!

Unknown said...

BOOOO! Officially released! BOOOOOO!! lol!

Post a Comment