Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 14, 2014

Led Zeppelin - 1975-02-14 - Nassau Coliseum, NY (SBD)

Led Zeppelin
1975-02-14
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Uniondale, New York
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
  
01. Rock And Roll
02. Sick Again
03. Over The Hills And Far Away
04. In My Time Of Dying
05. Since I've Been Loving You
06. The Song Remains The Same
07. The Rain Song
08. Kashmir
09. No Quarter
10. Trampled Underfoot
11. Moby Dick
12. Dazed And Confused
13. Stairway To Heaven
14. Whole Lotta Love
15. Out On The Tiles (intro) > Black Dog
16. Heartbreaker


Welcome to the 3rd installment of our 1975 Led Zep Same Tour, Different show series, this one a soundboard recording from the Nassau Coliseum on February 14, 1975, 39 years ago this day. The 1975 tour coincided with the release of the band's latest album, Physical Graffiti. The double album would sell 8 million copies and hit number 1 on both the US and UK charts. Physical Graffitti’s impact was so great that every previous Led Zep disc climbed back into the Billboard top 200 soon after it was released. Rolling Stone ranked the album at #70 on its list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time while The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame included the disc in its The Definitive 200: Top 200 Albums of All-Time. Download this one now, then come back on February 16for the final show in this series.














 

10 comments:

Jason said...

Love the spontaneous inclusion of SIBLY on this one. A stellar show from '75.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the great 75 shows speedy, wanted to know if you knew why there were so many great soundboards from that tour as opposed to other tours, As I am sure you know Zep had an infamous manager named Peter Grant who was known for literally seeking out bootleggers and tapers and would sometimes destroy equiptment on the spot and in some cases would beat them up on the spot or have his henchmen do it, a brilliant manager but could get really unhinged sometimes. Was he not with them that tour, also do you know if the long beach show from 3/11/ 75 is soundbourd or a Mike Mallard audience tape. Millard was supposedly a famous taper who recorded many shows throughout the 70s at the forum in particular. Heard some say its one of his recordings and other say soundboard , was hoping you might be able to clear that up or maybe our fellow Zep buddy Jason might know, Hi Jason are you still out there , thanks so much

Anonymous said...

Jason , how do you feel this show compares with Madison Square garden 2/12/75 , Love the Zep thanks

speedymjb said...

My pleasure. I really don't know why there are so many 1975 soundboards. Maybe someone else has some insight into that. I do know that 3/11/1975 from Long Beach is a soundboard!

Jason said...

I've had the 2-12-75 show for years, first as an excellent audience, then as the great soundboard we all know and love. Because I've had it for so long, it has special place in my heart...as it were.

But there's no question this show is *right there*. As mentioned above, SIBLY makes it extra special. I'm not sure which one I'd favor if I came across both at the same time.

To get really granular, on average, the songs from 2-12 rate 4.38 stars in my iTunes library, while this one rates 4.21. Sorry for being such a geek about this, but live Zeppelin (especially soundboards) is one of my passions. Speedy, I often listen to concerts on their anniversary, so I'm thrilled that you post shows on their anniversary. Great minds think alike. It starts for me every February, on the 12th, and this is the first time I've had the three NY shows consecutively. Three shows in three days. "Oh my ears, man!" (as one Australian bootlegger said back in the day).

I haven't heard why the '75 tour is so well represented on soundboard, and it seems like Empress Valley is always coming up with a new one. There are a good number of SBs from the '73 tour, but the sound seems so thin and weak compared to '75 (and most of those SBs are incomplete). My assumption is the band used new/different equipment in '75.

As for the 3-11 show, I had a superb audience (Millard) recording, Long Beach Arena Complete, until the Long Beach Californication soundboard surfaced, back in, what, 2009? Great show. As far as '75 soundboards go, I've only been (mildly) disappointed with the San Diego 3-14 and Seattle 3-17 performances. Still waiting impatiently for a soundboard from 3-21 in Seattle, if it exists.

Anonymous said...

are the la forum shows soundboard or audience , especially the one from 2/27/75 in which Linda Lovelace introduces the band? What did you find wrong with Seattle 17th and San Diego 14th , just recently downloaded them but haven't listened to them yet. From what I hear Seattle the 21st might be the best show of the tour.

Anonymous said...

Correction , I meant that the lovelace forum show was 3/ 27 my mistake

Anonymous said...

was wondering what you thought of Seattle 7/17/1977 , soundboard , sounds pretty good although haven't listened to it all the way through yet, battle of evermore is awsome

Jason said...

The March '75 shows from L.A. are audience, and 3-27 is excellent. One of my favorites.

Seattle '77 is okay...Robert's voice is a little weak and, as at many show's Jimmy's playing is a bit sloppy. I like the Jupiter and Saturn version of that show. As far as '77 goes, I think the Maryland Moonshine from the first and last nights in Landover might be the best '77 soundboards. And then there's Destroyer, of course (Cleveland). A classic, even if not the most memorable performance.

As for San Diego and the first Seattle from '75, I think the performance was just a little flat. Not as inspired as it had been on other nights.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Zeppelin! Also, IMHO, the '75 show from LSU cooks!

Post a Comment