Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Requests To Re-Post Dead Links

As this blog is over 4 years old, visitors may encounter links that have expired or are no longer working. Have no fear. If you come across a link that is dead, all you need to do leave a comment under that post. I check comments daily and will re-load the link within 48 to 72 hours, unless I'm away on business. Of course, I tend to work faster when the request is a polite one!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all that you do Speedy, really appreciate you sharing these many great shows, As you know when a show by a certain artist or group becomes an official release you and other blogs are obligated to remove it. which I understand that you have no choice. What I don't understand is why when these shows become official they are edited and in most cases tinkered with in the studio. Cases in point, I purchased the moody blues isle of wight 1970 recently and while I don't think it has overdubs as it sounds very raw for some reason they decided to edit out all of the between song banter between the audience and the crowd. I have the bootleg version and there is a good bit of talking between songs, also the Led Zep album How the west was won has all of the between song banter between Robert Plant and the audience removed, have many Zep boots and Plant is very funny and a great storyteller onstage. Many other official releases do this also, was really disappointed when you had to remove David Bowies Nassau 76 show as the official im sure has been messed with in the studio as well.. Does this bother you as much as it does me and why do you feel that artists and record companies do this. When I listen to a live performance I want it to be as it happened warts and all and not some repackaged studio creation please respond and thanks so much for keeping the music real.

speedymjb said...

To be honest, doesn't bother me at all when artists and record companies edit live performances for official release. Its their music and they can do what they want with it. In addition, I can't control it, so why worry about it. Moreover, I know there are plenty of untouched live bootlegs available, and I simply choose to listen to those.

Anonymous said...

I agree that you cant control it so why worry but just don't understand why they think that by editing and overdubbing that they are giving fans what they want. The Zep album HTWWW could have been the best live album of all time , all Jimmy had to do was give us the complete LA Forum show in its entirety without editing Roberts great back and forth banter and not eliminating 3 or 4 songs and of course no overdubbing. Have a high quality audience boot of that show and no studio trickery was needed , just release it as it happened in true soundboard and it would have been great. Anyway thank you so much for all that you do, at least when I listen to a boot I know I'm getting the real thing









Anonymous said...

Speedy, while on the topic of bootlegs vs official releases, Have you ever heard Bob Dylan's live 1966 from Manchester UK , it used to be a bootleg before it was officially released, also Neil Young's live at massey hall 1971, neither of those appear to have been doctored in any way. and also no editing on either one. Wanted to know if you had ever heard them , they are both great, Thanks

speedymjb said...

Own them both and enjoy both. .Of course, while the Neil CD is great, believe it or not, Of course, the accompanying DVD uses footage from a concert in Connecticut with the Toronto audio overdubbed!

Anonymous said...

Sort of like the Who's isle of wight 1970, the cd captures the event in sequence as it happened.warts and all, while the dvd has tons of overdubs and is played out of sequence with tommy on one disk and the other songs on another. The record companies must think we're idiots

Anonymous said...

Sounds similar to the whos release of the isle of wight 1970, while the cd version is complete, raw and in proper song order, the dvd is a complete farce with overdubs, and tommy being placed as if it ended the show when in fact it was performed in the middle, they actually finished off the show with magic bus until pete broke a string, Guess that didn't seem slick enough to the people making decisions as to how to release the dvd

Anonymous said...

Johnny Kinkdom sez: Thanks for all you do Speedy. I lost one of my hard drives and am rebuilding some of the files I lost. Hope you might have a line on some Clapton blues only shows he did in San Francisco and LA. They were soundboards including one called "Blues at the Fillmore" or "From The Cradle to the Fillmore" recorded 11-7-94, one called "Blues Rehearsals" recorded 9-28-94 and another called "Kind of Blues" recorded in LA 11-3-94. Anything you can find is appreciated. They were all great shows that I listened to repeatedly.

speedymjb said...

Sorry that you lost a hard drive! Good news is that I can help you with all 3 Clapton shows:

You can download 11-03-1994 here (MP3):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9omwda

You can download 11-07-1994 here (MP3)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z54uv9

You can download 09-28-1994 here (FLAC)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2mi7qte8clbb/n/ErCla.1994-09-28.NY.FLAC.by.TUBE.zip

Enjoy the tunes!

Anonymous said...

Speedy, you are amazing! Thanks so much for the EC shows and for all the EC postings. My replacement drive is filling at an amazing rate! All the best, JohnnyKinkdom

speedymjb said...

My pleasure! Always glad to help a long time reader of this blog who always has nothing but kind words!

Anonymous said...

Hello, seems this one also went by the wayside, your help would be mucho appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hello, seems this one also went by the wayside, your help would be mucho appreciated.

Post a Comment