Santana
1981-02-05
Old Waldorf Theater
San Francisco, CA
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. E Papa Re
02. Primera Invasion
03. Searchin'
04. Tales Of Kilimanjaro
05. Black Magic Woman
06. Gypsy Queen
07. All I Ever Wanted
08. Europa
09. Savor
10. Jingo
11. Aqua Marine
12. Body Surfin'
13. Well All Right
14. Hannibal
15. Brightest Star
16. Over and Over
The following songs were NOT n the FM broadcast:
17. Incident at Neshabur
18. Runnin'
19. Soul Sacrifice
20. Blues Intro > Open Invitation
21. She's Not There > Marbles
22. American Gypsy
23. Transcendance
Santana - 1981-02-05 - San Francisco, CA (FM)
The late 1970’s and early 1980s were a time of change for Santana, as his music began to take on a more AOR (album oriented rock) flavor. Albums such as Inner Secrets in 1978, Marathon in 1979, and Zebop in 1981, had radio friendly singles such as Open Invitation, All I Ever Wanted and Winning, but began to alienate some long time fans who were unhappy with the change in direction. Perhaps the fans were onto something, because after the release of Winning in 1981, Santana would not have another chart topping song until Supernatural in 1999. While album sales plagued the band in the 1980’s, their live performances never suffered, as this FM broadcast from San Francisco on February 5, 1981, 33 years ago today clearly proves. Download this one now, then come back on February 21 for part 2 of this Same Tour, Different Show entry. By the way - we’ll have more Santana for you in between these 2 1981 shows, as on February 9 and 10 we’ll feature Carlos from the Palladium in NY in 1978.
The Eagles Live - Re-Post Folder
-
In our continuing series of folders containing re-posts of live shows
previously shared on this blog, today, we bring you a folder of The Eagles.
Grab them...



7 comments:
Hi speedy - many thanks for this one.
Hope all well your way...
staffie
My pleasure Staffie! All is good here! Hope the same is true for you!
Here's some wonderful Santana stuff.
Outtakes and rehearsals for their 3rd album.
http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=1447
Thanks for the link
Hi Speedy!
I hope all is well. I wanted you to know I've been playing the Santana Palladium shows pretty much non-stop since you re-upped them for me. They are truly amazing. I've been going through my Santana stuff & found out I'd never heard this 1981 show before & was wondering if you could re-up this one as well. You can never have too much Santana! Thanks for considering it Speedy.
All the best,
Steve
new link is up! enjoy!
Speedy, you're the best! If I don't talk to you have a great Thanksgiving!
All the best,
Steve
Post a Comment