Hootie & The Blowfish
1996-08-07
E Center
Camden, NJ
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Old Man & Me
02. She Crawls Away
03. I Go Blind
04. Look Away
05. The Earth Stopped Cold At Dawn
06. Hannah Jane
07. Sad Caper
08. Tuckers Town
09. Running From An Angel
10. Let It Breathe
11. Let Her Cry
12. Honeyscrew
13. Only Wanna Be With You
14. Drowning
15. Be The One
16. Time
Encores:
17. I'm Goin' Home
18. Peace Love & Understanding
19. Hold My Hand
20. Tootie
21. Long Train Runnin'
Darius Rucker, Dean Felber, Jim Sonefeld, and Mark Bryan all met as freshmen at the University of South Carolina in 1986. Like probably thousands of college kids across the country, they formed a band, dreaming but probably never expecting, to find fame and fortune. Eight years later in 1994,, when Hootie and the Blowfish released the album Cracked Rear View, could anyone have imagined, including the band, that the album would sell over 16 million copies? That makes it the 15th best selling album in history! Yes, I agree it's almost sacrilegious that Hootie's debut outsold such albums as Abbey Road, Born In The USA, Led Zeppelin II and Dark Side Of The Moon, just to name a few. No one is going to confuse Daruis and his compatriots with Lennon & McCartney when it comes to song writing. But, if everyone can put aside the Hootie backlash just for a few seconds (it's amazing how you can't find anyone who admits they bought the album even though it sold 16 million copies!), folks might recall why they were hooked in the first place. Namely, these guys wrote a host of catchy tunes, Darius has a unique voice, and they sound like the best bar band you ever heard.. While I never did see Hootie when they were riding high in the mid 1990’s, I finally caught them live on August 7, 2008, just 7 years ago today. They played the Morristown Community Theater, a small 1000 seat venue in Morris County NJ, which really is an excellent place to see a concert ever since they refurbished the place. Hootie played all the tunes you’d expect, plus a very cool version of Led Zep’s Hey Hey What Can I Do. The Morristown show may be among the last the band ever played together, as Darius has now embarked on quite a successful solo career as a country western singer. While I couldn’t find a bootleg of the show I attended, I did find a soundboard from August 7, 1996, 18 years ago today, from Camden NJ, when the band dominated the airwaves and record sales.



6 comments:
Hi Speedy
Many thanks for this one - hope all good your end..
staffie
:)
hootie and the blowfish is not a soundboard,,,,,,but a decent audience recording
Annnnnd one more ;)
new link is up! enjoy!
Can this be re uploaded? Thanks!
new link is up! enjoy!
Post a Comment