Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hot Tuna - 1997-02-22 - Shizuoka, Japan (SBD)

Hot Tuna
1997-02-22
Media City
Shizuoka, Japan
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Search My Heart           
02. Walkin' Blues           
03. Hesitation Blues          
04. I See The Light          
05. How Long Blues             
06. Embryonic Journey         
07. Good Shepherd              
08. 99 Year Blues               
09. I Am The Light Of This World 
10. Ice Age                   
11. True Religion                
12. Parchman Farm                

CD 2:.
01. San Francisco Bay Blues      
02. Water Song                  
03. Hit Single #1               
04. Ode For Billy Dean           
05. It's Just My Way             
06. Junkies On Angel Dust        
07. Funky #7                    
08. Baby What You Want Me To Do  
09. Rainy Day Women #12 & #35


Today, we feature another 1960s act that has persevered over the last 5 decades. Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Cassidy, founding members of the Jefferson Airplane, formed Hot Tuna in 1969 as a menas for the duo to explore their love of blues and traditional folk tunes. Initially an acoustic act, Hot Tuna eventually incorporated electric sets into their live shows. This soundboard recording captures Jorma and Jack in Japan on February 22, 1997, 18 years go today.

 

11 comments:

James said...

Awesome! My only problem is Sendspace is the hardest file DL option for me... I mostly am not able to DL it from there at all, but sometimes get lucky.

I only offer that thought in case you consider other file serving options sometimes. I know you usually use Zippy for the smaller shares. Is FileFactory an option perhaps?

Either way, THANK YOU for all the great music you share, speedy. I sure appreciate it.

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the kind words. Surprised you have trouble with snedspace as it seems to work really well. You may want to try using Chrome or firefox for your browser. I do use filefactory on occaisions but am limited there so I save it for really large files that won't fit on zippy or send sapce.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. I had these years ago from a cd trade, but the imations rotted over time. Thanks.

James said...

Good idea - I'll try Chrome. Again though, thank you for all that you share, speedy - the music is awesome!

speedymjb said...

My pleasure. Thanks for all the kind words. Let me know of it works with Chrome. If not, I can see if I can male filefactory work as a way of saying thanks for all the nice comments.

SkunkApe said...

Yesssss! Hot freckin' Tuna!!!

Anonymous said...

Any Chance of repost?

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy!

Digam11 said...

Hello, could I please get a re-up for this Hot Tuna show ? Thanks very much.

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy

Digam11 said...

Thanks once again for another great Hot Tuna show. Very much appreciated !

Post a Comment