Nick Lowe
2012-02-15
Vicar Street
Dublin, Ireland
HQ Audience recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Stoplight Rose
02. Heart
03. What Lack of Love has done
04. Raging Eyes
05. Lately I've Let Things Slide
06. Has She Got A Friend
07. I Trained Her To Love me
08. I Live On A Battlefield
09. Band Intros
10. I Read A Lot
11. Cruel To Be Kind
12. Raining, Raining
13. Sensitive Man
14. Somebody Cares For Me
15. House for Sale
16. Tower of Strength
17. Without Love
18. I Knew the Bride
19. Encore Break 1
20. Only A Rose w Geraint Watkins
21. When I Write The Book
22. (Whats so funny bout) Peace, Love & Understanding
23. Tokyo Bay
24. Hound Dog
25. Encore Break 2
26. Alison
As long time readers of this blog know. I’m a big fan of Nick Lowe both his work with Rockpile and his solo efforts. I was hooked the first time I listened to Lowe’s 1978 album Pure Pop for Now People, recorded with his Rockpile band mates, which included such tracks as So It Goes, Heart of The City, They Called It Rock, I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass and Rollers Show, the last being a lounge in cheek look at the short lived phenomenon, The Bay City Rollers! By the way, only Nick could come up with 2 fantastic titles for the same album! The UK version of the disc was entitled Jesus Of Cool, but the record company, afraid that the title might upset US audiences, had it renamed. So, Lowe came up with the almost as great Pure Pop For Now People moniker for the US version. In any event, over 3 decades after his debut, Nick is still touring and delivering great live music. This high quality audience recording captures Lowe in Dublin on February 15, 2012, 3 years ago this very day.



3 comments:
dead link
new link is up - enjoy
Link dead
Post a Comment