Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Allman Brothers Band - 1971-02-28 - Columbia MO (SBD)

Allman Brothers Band
1971-02-28
Brewer Fieldhouse
Columbia Missouri
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Statesboro Blues
02. Trouble No More
03. In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
04. Midnight Rider
05. Dreams
06. Hot 'Lanta
07. You Don't Love Me
08. Revival


Just two weeks before the legendary Fillmore East concerts, (immortalized in what many believe is one of the finest live albums ever released), the Allman Brothers found themselves at Brewer’s Fieldhouse on the campus of the University of Missouri. In many ways, this show was a dress rehearsal for the Fillmore run, as they would only play one more show before heading to NY, that being the next day on March 1 in Mississippi. Their 8-song set on February 28, 1971, 45 years ago today, included 2 songs, which at the time, they seldom played in concert, and are not on the Live at The Fillmore album – Midnight Rider and Revival. For that alone, it’s worth the download. Then, add in that this is a Duane bootleg, coupled with the fact that the band is on the cusp on its most historic moment, and the result is a show you have to have in your collection.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, time for another BIG THANKS for that great side. I nearly load everything you offer and I always enjoy your histories and comments. It's music for old men my kids would say. YES, but it really rocks :-)))

speedymjb said...

Glad you enjoyed. My kids say the same, but can't beat the classic rock stuff!

Tennesseefred said...

Sweet again!

speedymjb said...

My pleasure!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I finally found a copy of this show w/Revival on it. Evrey other version always faded out at the end of You Don't Love Me. Believe it or not, 40 years ago I was at this very show sitting very close to the front right of the stage. Brewer Fieldhouse was the old basketball gym. I was going to a small college about 20 miles from Columbia, and was blown away by the Allman brothers. I also still think that there is a bit more to this show hopefully out there somewhere. Thanks again, one of my favorite blogs!

Andy said...

Hey speedy thanks so much for this and for all your feedback at D&P. I appreciate your generosity and positive spirit very much.

Best wishes, as always,
Andy.

speedymjb said...

Andy - my pleasure my good friend! You have a wealth of musical knowledge! I learn something new everytime I read one of your post's over at Dino's forum.

Speedy

speedymjb said...

new link is up!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sppedy!! love the Allman Brothers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks speedy for all the great shows, Are you a big Steely Dan fan ? if so can you post some S D shows .thanks again

Post a Comment