Bruce Springsteen
& The E Street Band
1975-02-05
The Main Point
Bryn Mawr, PA
FM Broadcast (WMMR-FM)
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Intro > Incident on 57th Street
02. Mountain of Love*
03. Born to Run
04. The E Street Shuffle
05. Thunder Road ("Wings for Wheels")*
06. I Want You
07. Spirit In The Night
08. She's The One
09. Growin' Up
10. It's Hard to be a Saint in the City
11. Jungleland
CD 2:
01. Kitty's Back
02. New York City Serenade
03. Rosalita
04. 4th of July, Asbury Park
05. A Love So Fine
06. For You
07. Back in the U.S.A.*
*debut
As Bruce Springsteen entered 1975, he had gone almost a year and a half without releasing an album. During that time, he toured relentlessly, playing small clubs and college campuses across the United States. When not on the road, he was in the studio, working on his next disc. Recording the album became a monumental undertaking for Springsteen. He was continually frustrated with the development of the album, saying he heard "sounds in [his] head" that he could not explain to the others in the studio. Finally Bruce brought in Jon Landau to help with production, which was the beginning of the end of his relationship with producer and manager Mike Appel. All told, the recording of what would become his masterpiece, Born To Run, took over 14 months, with 6 spent on the title track alone. So 41 years ago today, on February 5, 1975, when Bruce played the Main Point, one of those small clubs referenced earlier, the album was still a work in progress. Download this FM broadcast of that show, therefore, to get a glimpse into Born To Run in its formative stages,, including early versions of the title track, Jungleland and Thunder Road, which at this point was known as Wings For Wheels!



18 comments:
Fantastic. Thank you.
This is when the E Street Band was also sporting Suki Lahav on the violin, which would provide some jaw-dropping beauty to some of these early BTR arrangements (and most obviously the achingly gorgeous version of Dylan's I Want You). I'm not completely certain, but I think this was, sadly, one of her final performances with the band. And the violin wouldn't to the touring band until Suzie Tyrell joined for the late 90s reunion.
One of the greatest bootlegs of all time. I was already on the Bruce bus when I first heard this from a friend in college, but after this there was no looking back.
Just fantastic.
I'd love to be a person hearing this for the first time!
Thanks.
Ace K.
Thanks! I had this as an LP boot with a green cover similar to the post yellow cover.
One of the best Boss bootlegs out there! A great show and great sound.
Thank you!!!
thank you great boot with a great sound!!
this one has seen an official release (in the Netherlands) in 2011 on LeftFieldMedia (LFM2CD503) bought one yesterday while I was supporting the local record store (again) because it was 'record store day'
but keep up the good work !!!
This file keeps getting stuck? I've tried downloading it a few times! With the same result!
I just tested it twice and it downloaded fine both times. Try using Mozilla Firefox. Somtimes it depends on which browser you use.
Love all this older Bruce that you post... thanks so much.
new link is up
If you get a chance could you re-up this show. Thanks.
new link is up! enjoy!
That was quick! Thanks so much!
Hi, requesting a new link for this. I'm intrigued by the use of violin in the band as well as the reputation this show has. Thank you!
New link is up - enjoy!
Thank you! Much appreciated!
Post a Comment