Hot Tuna
2000-12-08
Mystic Theatre,
North Petaluma, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Below
1st Set
01. Introduction
02. Uncle Sam Blues
03. How Long Blues
04. Vampire Woman
05. Death Don't Have No Mercy
06. Do Not Go Gentle
07. I See The Light
08. Living In The Moment
09. Embryonic Journey
10. Sea Child
11. 99 Year Blues
12. I Am The Light Of This World
13. Another Man Done Gone > Parchman Farm
2nd Set
01. Introduction
02. Hesitation Blues
03. Walkin' Blues
04. The Terrible Operation
05. Good Shepherd
06. Watch The North Wind Rise
07. Third Week In The Chelsea
08. Home Of The Blues
09. A Life Well Lived
10. I Know You Rider
11. Keep On Truckin'
Encore
12. Water Song
Hot Tuna - Back To Back 2000 - #2: As promised, here's part 2 of our back to back set featuring Hot Tuna entry in 2008. This one's a soundboard of Jorma and Jack from the Mystic Theatre in North Petaluma, CA from December 8, 2000, 17 years ago today.



30 comments:
i completely agree with your perspective on this- as a full-on band, they aren't much but in this basic formation, one can really hear how good they are as players and as a duo...
i am really looking forward to hearing this- many thanks for all the work of putting this blog together!
all the best,
d
Thanks for the kind words! Come back often! And spread the word to others!
Thanks! I too like their acoustic material. I collected 12 Hot Tuna offereings, mostly albums, from another blog that had around 23 total, but it vanished one day. Such is life. Best wishes for your blog, man, and thank goodness for today's huge hard drives!
Thanks! Appreciate the kind words!
I have to say I've been listening to these guys for 40 years now, and have never heard them play as well as this before, my eternal gratitude to you. This is up there with the likes of Ry Cooder/David Lindley, Paul Barrere/Fred Tacket, Duane Allman/Dicky Betts or Warren Haynes/Derek Trucks. There's nothing more satisfying than two musicians playing off each other, wonderful. Thanks.
Glad you enjoyed!!
Great blog, good tunes. But...I think you'll find Jack and Jorma played together in the DC area prior to the JA days.
The links are dead, if you can reupload...Tanks!
New link is up!
Great blog! Thanks for all your hard work. I check your site at least once a day. I agree that acoustic Hot Tuna is far superior to electric Hot Tuna. Please note the 2000-12-08 link is dead.
new link is up!
And thanks for the kind words!
If you get a chance, it would be great if you could upload. On this day of thanks, I thank you for an awesome blog. You're the best. Thanks so much.
new links are up! enjoy!
Hey Speedy,
I see you've renewed this link several times before. I just found this show and it looks excellent but the link is down. Can you please get it going again? Thanks.
new link is up - enjoy
Thanks for restoring this. The sound quality is perfect! And there's nothing better than Jorma and Jack acoustic!!
As ever, one of my all time favourite acoustic Tuna shows. I first found it here long ago, and have loved it since. Love the blind understanding between two long-time partners. Wonderful, and so many thanks for keeping it alive.
Thanks for the kind words howlingwilf!!
Thanks for this speedy!
Thanks for all these TUNA's live.
I'm searching this one: Reach Resort, Key West, FL
1992-01-04 with Roy Book Binder
If you have this one
Thanks a lot in advance
Glad folks are enjoying the TUNA! Sorry - I don't have 1992-01-04
My apologies if this is becoming tedious, but the link is dead. This blog is awesome. I saw Jack and Jorma at the Fillmore in 2006, and that night still surges back into my memory periodically. Thanks
new link is up - enjoy
The links for this one and the day before are not working any more. Thanks in advance for any kindness of restoring them.
New link is up for this one and for 12/7 - enjoy
Thank you. I love Hot Tuna!
Hello , could I please get a re-up for this HT show ? Thanks very much
New link is up - enjoy
Thank you for the re-up, much appreciated.
Post a Comment