Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Bruce Hornsby - 2013-08-04 - Vienna, VA (ALD)

Bruce Hornsby
2013-08-04
Filene Center at Wolf Trap
Vienna, VA
ALD Recording
320 Kbps
Artwork Included

01. He's My Friend Until The End
02. Neighborhood Watch
03. Candy Mountain Run > Holy Trinity > Candy Mountain Run
04. Across the River
05. Mandolin Rain  
06. Life in the Psychotropics
07. Great Divide
08. Every Little Kiss
09. Dark as the Night
10. The Valley Road
11. Talk of the Town > No Diggity
12. Rainbow's Cadillac
13. Cluck Old Hen
14. Jacob's Ladder > Cartoons & Candy
15. band intro's
16. The Way It Is


On Sunday, September 5, 1993, I took my lovely bride to see Bruce Hornsby for the first time. She loves piano, and became a huge fan. I had long enjoyed Hornsby’s music, especially after his stint as keyboardist for the Grateful Dead. The show was everything you could hope for – outdoors at the beautiful Garden State (today PNC Bank) Arts center in Holmdel on a perfect fall evening with Hornsby playing a wonderful mix of solo tunes, Grateful Dead classics, and cover songs. Incredibly, this show seems to have been erased from all memory but mine! If I didn’t have the program from that night, I wouldn’t be able to prove it happened. The website Bruuuce.com, which has an extensive list of Hornsby’s shows and set lists, does not list the September 5, 1993 performance. I actually emailed Bruce himself (you can do that on his website, which just shows you the kind of guy he is) and he responded, saying he remembered the gig but didn’t have the set list or the tapes from it. He must have felt bad for me, because he offered to autograph the program for me so I could give it to my wife as I gift. I was amazed by the offer, and even more so, when 2 weeks after I mailed that precious program to Bruce, an autographed copy came back in the mail. My bride has it proudly framed! In any event, while I may never find a set list or bootleg of that show,I have plenty of Hornsby shows in my collection.  This one is from just about 20 years after the show discussed above, an ALD recording from August 4, 2013, 5 years ago today.




0 comments:

Post a Comment