Johnny Cash
1990-08-25
Cumberland, MD
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Ring Of Fire
02. Folsom Prison Blues
03. Sunday Morning Coming Down
04. Get Rythmn
05. Any Old Wind That Blows
06. Under The Double Eagle
07. (Come Along And) Ride This Train
08. Five Feet High And Rising
09. Pickin' Time
10. Busted
11. No Setting Sun
12. Hey Porter
13. Ragged Old Flag
14. You Win Again
15. Big River
16. I Still Miss Someone
17. Call Me The Breeze
18. Tennessee Flat-Top Box
19. Ghost Riders In The Sky
20. Jackson
21. If I Were A Carpenter
22. Far Side Banks Of Jordan
23. Wreck Of The Old 97
24. Gospel Boogie
25. Oh Come Angel Band
26. The Fourth Man
27. I Walk The Line
In the late 1980s/early 1990s, Johnny Cash had his career rejuvenated as he gained popularity with an audience which was not traditionally considered interested in country music. For example, in 1988, British post-punk musicians Marc Riley (formerly of the Fall) and Jon Langford (the Mekons) put together 'Til Things Are Brighter, a tribute album featuring mostly British-based indie-rock acts' interpretations of Cash's songs. Cash was enthusiastic about the project, telling Langford that it was a "morale booster": Roseanne Cash later said "he felt a real connection with those musicians and very validated... It was very good for him: he was in his element. He absolutely understood what they were tapping into, and loved it". The album attracted press attention on both sides of the Atlantic. In 1991, he sang a version of "Man in Black" for the Christian punk band One Bad Pig's album I Scream Sunday. In 1993, he sang "The Wanderer" on U2's album Zooropa which was the closing track. According to Rolling Stone writer, Adam Gold,"The Wanderer" – written for Cash by Bono, "defies both the U2 and Cash canons, combining rhythmic and textural elements of Nineties synth-pop with a Countrypolitan lament fit for the closing credits of a Seventies western.". This FM Broadcast captures Cash during that period of new found popularity, in Cumberland Md on from August 25, 1990,, 28 years ago today.



3 comments:
Thanks Speedy, I grabbed this one and the Poland 1987, always ready for some new Johnny Cash recordings. I just posted a nice show from Elton John in San Francisco, CA 2015. I know you're a fan show I think you might like it if you don't already have it. Hope all is right with the Speedy family!
Dave
Link dead..... Thanks for all your hard work. Greatly appreciated!!
new link is up - enjoy
Post a Comment