Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Jerry Garcia with Merl Saunders - 1972-12-28 - Berkeley, CA (SBD)

Jerry Garcia
with Merl Saunders
1972-12-28
Keystone
Berkeley, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

1st Set:
01. After Midnight
92. It's Too Late
03. Baby Please Don't Go 
04. Expressway (To Your Heart) >
05. Jam >
06. Space >
07. Georgia On My Mind
08. That's All Right, Mama

2nd Set:
01. When I Paint My Masterpiece
02. I Second That Emotion
04. Jam  >
03. Sweet Cocaine 
04. Baby What You Want Me To Do? 
05. Further On Up The Road 
06. The System 


1972 - From 1971 to 1975, Jerry Garcia, when not playing with the Grateful Dead, often found himself collaborating with keyboardist Merle Saunders. Garcia and Saunders played over two-hundred and fifty shows together, mostly on the west coast. The two even released a live album together, entitled Live At The Keystone, featuring tracks from their concerts at that venue in Berkeley on July 10 and 11, 1973. This soundboard recording finds the duo at the same venue, about 6 months earlier, on December 28, 1972, 4 years ago today.  A note - for years this show had listed as having taken place at the Lion's Share in San Anselmo, but recently a poster was found indicating that Jerry and Merl were at the Keystone on this date.




 

2 comments:

Mr. Stu said...

Thanks for all you do on this site. Much appreciated by this music fan. I wanted to let you know that the venue is wrong on this show. It was recorded at the Lion's Den in San Anselmo, per the file name, the text files that are included, and the jerrygarcia.com listing. It's the right date, though!! Thanks again.

speedymjb said...

@timmy - I've posted over 5000 shows in 12 years - most are great sounding, or if they aren't , we take great pains to alert folks in advance. Every now and then we miss one - we're human youknwo and can make a mistake. Perhaps instead of always looking to criticize you shopuld take a moment to reflect on that fact that someone is spending hours of their own time to make music available to thousands, all for free. I don't ask for a dime for anyone to download. If you don't llke what I have to offer, or that I promote my book, no one is making you come here. So, I've now aired your greivance - even though you were sure I wouldn't - and gave you my answer. And that's the last time I will because I plan to keep on doing what I'm doing. Since we've lasted 12 years, and the ovewhelming majority of commnets are positive, we must be doing something righ

Post a Comment