Coming Attractions

From August 7 to 14, we'll bring you:
Paul McCartney, David Crosby, Rockpile, Squeeze, the Neville Brothers, Neil Young, Blues Traveler, Robert Hunter, Jerry Garcia, Katrina & The Waves, U2, Joan Jett, Bob Dylan, and The Pretenders!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Jorma Kaukonen - 2020-08-08 - Pomeroy, OH (Webcast)

Jorma Kaukonen
2020-08-08
Quarantine Concert #17
Fur Peace Ranch
Pomeroy, OH
Webcast Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Introduction
02. Don't Leave me Here
03. Oh Lord, Search My Heart
04. Genesis
05. Song For the North Star
06. Blue Railroad Train
07. West Coast Blue
08. Hobo Lullaby
09. Can't Find My Way Home
10. How Long Blues
11. Water Song


Jorma Kaukonen took the stage at Woodstock as the lead guitarist for the Jefferson Airplane.  We'll bring you more about the Airplane's Woodstock set in a post later this month.

This webcast recording captures Jorma 51 years after Woodstock, at his ranch in Pomeroy, on August 8, 2020, 4 years ago today. Jorma, like many other artists, kept in touch with is fans during the COVID quarantine period in 2020 by playing live shows and broadcasting them on the web.

NOTE - if you had an issue with the link, its been corrected as of 9:15 am Eastern Time










13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link not working... yet

Anonymous said...

A very good friend of mine who was my partner during my days promoting concerts in Michigan told me he met Jorma in San Francisco. Jorma was playing a show there and went for a walk. My friend was sitting at an outside cafe wearing a tie dye, Jorma walked up to him and struck up a conversation. After a bit of conversation Jorma told my friend Gypsy Dan who he was. Dan did the hey I got you're records thing that fans do then says he was going to the show later. He went to the show wearing the same tie dye but autographed by Jorma. He said that Jorma was such an every day down to earth nice guy for having once been a household name to millions of rock fans. Gotta love stories like that...Thanks for the Jorma by the way!! Hope all is right in the house of Speed my friend!
JustDave

speedymjb said...

@JustDave - hope all is well my friend! Great story! Thanks for sharing!

Rebhoj said...

THANKS

Anonymous said...

Did you get all 50 Fur Peace Ranch shows that were posted in Nov. of 2023? Polypheme

speedymjb said...

@Polypheme - I have 40 shows - first is from April 4, 2020, last is from May 15, 2021

Anonymous said...

I have 51, a few of which I could only get from YouTube. Here's my list; happy to send any you don't see. https://we.tl/t-vPzthtIaiI Polypheme

speedymjb said...

@polypheme - thanks. I'll check your list and let you know what I need! Much appreciated!

speedymjb said...

@Polypheme - I compared the my Jorma Fur Peace Ranch list to yours. I do not have any of the ones yiu found on you tube. I ddo have one you don;t show - July 31, 2020 - here's a link to it - mp3 320 https://mega.nz/folder/LoNSxSpL#3Xlyz6BWvgDjqheXXnSO5Q

Anonymous said...

I do have that show. I don't think it's counted as one of the Quarantine shows because it was performed at the Maynard Library, Maynard , MA, not at the Fur Peace Ranch. I'll load up the 12 YouTube ones I have later to day and post a link here.

speedymjb said...

@Polypheme - glad you had that! And thanks for the you tube ones!

Anonymous said...

Here are the shows in 2 parts. Because I "ripped" them from YouTube each show is a single .mp3 file. I don't have the wherewithal to separate the tracks; maybe someone at The Cave does. Or perhaps someone already has these shows with tracks. Part 1: https://we.tl/t-GCxIp2QrwW Part 2: https://we.tl/t-kh7Iczx1Do

speedymjb said...

@Polypheme - my thanks.

Post a Comment