Jimmy Buffett
1974-02-19
The Record Plant
Sausalito, CA
KSAN FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Pre Show Babble / KSAN Introduction
02. Ringling Ringling
03. Come Monday
04. Pencil Thin Mustache
05. Peddler Not A Pusher
06. Railroad Lady
07. They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
08. Migration
09. God's Own Drunk
10. Brahma Fear
11. Pirate Looks at Forty
12. Closing
Long before he was followed around by legions of Parrotheads, before he owned restaurant chains, before he brewed his own beer (Land Shark Lager), before he became a best selling author, before the numerous acting roles on TV and in the movies, Jimmy Buffett was a simple country western and folk singer. Yep, the perfect fit for our February theme! In fact his 3rd album, A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean, released in June 1973, went to number 43 on the country charts, but couldn’t crack the Billboard Top 200 album list. In February 1974, he released his 4th album, Living & Dying in 3/4 Time, which featured such tunes as Pencil Thin Mustache and God’s Own Drunk, which would be staples of his live performances for years to come. The album would be his first to make the Billboard charts, reaching #176. On February 19, 1974, 38 years ago today, Buffett played several tunes from that album, as well as some earlier songs, such as A Pirate Looks At Forty, at the Record Plant in Sausalito CA. Buffett’s performance was broadcast on KSAN-FM, one of the numerous “Live From The Plant” Sunday night shows that featured artists such as the Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia, Peter Frampton, Bob Marley, The Marshall Tucker Band, Steely Dan, Linda Ronstadt and Fleetwood Mac. Download this one to catch Jimmy Buffet long before he was wasting away in Margaritaville.


16 comments:
Thanks so much Speedy! Great quality boot from one of my favorite artists!
This show - and the Charlotte and Mansfield Buffett shows - all appear to be dead links. Unless there's some specific mirror site I'm meant to be using.
Give me a day or so and I'll get all 3 shows reposted for you!
New link is up!
Thank you for the very fast link update. What a great, intimate, classic show this is!
This link has died a timely death. Could you repost when you get a breath? Thank you kind sir.
new link is up! enjoy!
Requesting a re-up on the old school Buffett, please sir. Thanks again for all you do!
new link is up! enjoy!
Thanks so so much, Speedy! You are THE Man!
Oh wow - any chance to get this re-upped when you have a chance? Thank you!!
New link is up - enjoy!
Woohoo!!! Thanks, Speedy!!
So there are no comments on this for 8 years but I need a re-port of this concert. Only for Brahma Fear. I had it from a fine fellow in Chicago. Had a big lot of shows. But misplaced it. Cheers for reading this.
New link is up - enjoy!
So for today I'm the luckiest guy alive. I had this show and a couple of songs are never done better than here. I lend out too much stuff. Today I was able to, thanks to someones re-post I got it back. Thank you so much. Stay Safe from darkest of Canada.
Post a Comment