1972-02-26
The Nieuvve RAI
Amsterdam, Holland
Fm Broadcast
256 kbps
Artwork Included
01. I Walk The Line intro > A Boy Named Sue
02. Ramblin' Around > Sunday Morning Coming Down
03. Man In Black
04. I Still Miss Someone
05. Five Feet High And Rising
06. Pickin' time > Detroit City
07. I Walk The Line
08. Jackson
09. If I Were A Carpenter
10. No Need To Worry
11. Will The Circle Be Unbroken > Daddy Sang Bass
12. Children Go Where I Send Thee
13. A Thing Called Love
Johnny Cash - 1972-02-26 - Amsterdam (FM)
In honor of what would have been Johnny Cash’s 80th birthday, and in keeping with our folk rock/country western theme for the month of February, today we post a show from 40 years ago, on February 28, 1972, featuring the Man in Black live in Amsterdam! This FM recording captures Cash on his 40th birthday, playing some of the biggest hits of his career, including I Walk The Line, A Boy Named Sue, Jackson, Sunday Morning Coming Down, and daddy Sang Bass, though Ring Of Fire is conspicuous by its absence. What I can’t figure out, however, is why this legendary singer who was born in the Arkansas and helped put Memphis Tennessee on the map was doing in The Netherlands on his 40th birthday! Whatever the reason, download this one and remember a man who is one of the few performers to be elected to both the Country Music Hall of Fame (in 1980), and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (in 1992).


5 comments:
Great Show and sound. Thanks
Jhonny Cash one of the country music artist i hear in the 70's thank you for the posting of this artist.
yeepee a rare gem !
ooops, not allowed link !
thx anyway
new link is up!
Great !
I keep on diggin' your gems.
cheers
J
Post a Comment