Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Paul McCartney - 2013-06-10 - Brooklyn, NY (HQ Audience)

Paul McCartney
2013-06-10
Out There Tour
Barclays Center
Brooklyn, NY
HQ Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Eight Days a Week
02. Junior's Farm
03. All My Loving
04. Listen to What the Man Said
05. Let Me Roll It > Foxy Lady ending
06. Paperback Writer
07. My Valentine
08. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
09. The Long and Winding Road
10. Maybe I'm Amazed
11. Things We Said Today
12. We Can Work It Out
13. Another Day
14. And I Love Her
15. Blackbird
16. Here Today
17. Your Mother Should Know
18. Lady Madonna
19. All Together Now
20. Lovely Rita
21. Mrs. Vandebilt
22. Eleanor Rigby
23. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
24. Something
25. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
26. Band on the Run
27. Back in the U.S.S.R.
28. Let It Be
29. Live and Let Die
30. Hey Jude

Encore 1:
31. Day Tripper
32. Hi, Hi, Hi
33. I Saw Her Standing There

Encore 2:
34. Yesterday
35. Helter Skelter
36. Golden Slumbers >
37. Carry That Weight > The End


Last month, we brought you a host of concerts from Sir Paul McCartney in the 21st century, and received a tremendous positive response. So, here’s one more, a high quality audience recording from his performance at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on June 10, 2013, just 1 year ago today.

Paul McCartney/Bruce Springsteen Connections
  • Sir Paul and Bruce (as well as Billy Joel) were inducted into the Rock & Roll hall of Fame in 1999. When Paul climbed on stage to sing Let It Be, both Springsteen and Eric Clapton backed him on guitar. 
  • Bruce opened and Sir Paul closed the 12-12-12 benefit concert to aid victims of Hurricane Sandy.
  • On July 15, 2012, Sir Paul joined Springsteen on stage at the Hard Rock Calling festival in London’s Hyde Park for an encore of Twist and Shout, La Bamba and I Saw Her Standing There. Incredibly, London police pulled the plug on the 2 legends, citing a 10:30 pm curfew! 













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Speedy-
From what I remember, they got together some time later and completed the encore that was cut short.
Someone else can probably fill in the details.

And one more, they have both added the fabulous new Barclay's Center.he E Street Band' was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April.
I had to mention that since I was there about two miles from where I grew up in Crown Heights.
Watch it on HBO if you get the chance. Unlike previous years they kept all of the music intact but they cut the E Street speeches down by about 90% and interspersed them next to their solos - but that was the exception.

I must admit the opening of Teen Spirit with Joan Jett brought a tear to my eye.
What a night!!

All the best,

The Brooklyn Kid In Exile In Binghamton

James said...

Thanks for this post, speedy! Cheers!

Post a Comment