Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bob Dylan - 1999-07-26 - New York, NY (SBD)

Bob Dylan
1999-07-26
Tramps
New York, NY)
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Babe, It Ain't No Lie
02. The Times They Are A-Changin'
03. Boots Of Spanish Leather
04. Banter
05. John Brown
06. Stage Ambiance
07. Visions of Johanna
08. Stage Ambiance
09. Seeing the Real You At Last
10. Stage Ambiance
11. Ballad Of A Thin Man
12. Stage Ambiance
13. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
14. Stage Ambiance
15. Every Grain Of Sand
16. Stage Ambiance
17. Tombstone Blues
18. Stage Ambiance
19. Not Dark Yet
20. Band Introduction
21. Highway 61 Revisited
22. Stage Ambiance
23. Love Sick
24. Crowd
25. Like A Rolling Stone
26. Crowd
27. It Ain't Me Babe
28. Stage Ambiance
29. Not Fade Away
30. Crowd
31. Blowin' In The Wind
32. Alabama Getaway
33. Applause > Elvis Costello intro
34. I Shall Be Released
35. Outro

Bob Dylan - 1999-07-26 - New York, NY (SBD)

On July 12, 1987, I'd see Bob Dylan at Giants Stadium where he played a set backed by The Grateful Dead, one of 6 such historic shows that summer.  The Dead, bt the way, played 2 sets prior to serving as Bob's backing band, making it a truly momentous show. Then,  on October 10, 1989, I saw Bob Dylan headline a show at The Beacon Theater, the start of a run on 6 concerts in 7 days. The next night I would see the Stones at Shea Stadium and then I would see the Grateful Dead at the Brendan Byrne Arena on October 12, 14, 15 and 16. I'd see Dylan on 1 other occasion, on June 18, 1995, at Giant Stadium,when he led in for The Dead, just weeks before Jerry Garcia would pass away.

This soundboard recording captures Dylan in New York on July 26, 1999, 17 years ago today.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I really appreciate it that you share the show. I wonder if I may post the material on other non-profit websites, like Expecting Rain etc.?

speedymjb said...

Feel free to share!

Anonymous said...

Any chance for a repost on this one?

speedymjb said...

New link is up -enjoy! FYI - since I originally posted this, I found a new SBD bootleg that also includes the next night at Madison Square Garden so that's what I uploaded!

Post a Comment