Rockpile
1979-07-06
The Paradise
Boston, MA
WBCN-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Sweet Little Lisa
02. So It Goes
03. I Knew the Bride
04. Switchboard Susan
05. Crawling from the Wreckage
06. Deborah
07. Trouble Boys
08. Cracking Up
09. Born Fighter
10. Promised Land
11. I Hear You Knockin'
12. Queen of Hearts
13. Here Comes the Weekend
14. So Fine
15. They Call It Rock
16. Ju Ju Man
17. Let It Rock > Bye Bye Johnny
18. Let's Talk About Us
1979-07-06
The Paradise
Boston, MA
WBCN-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Sweet Little Lisa
02. So It Goes
03. I Knew the Bride
04. Switchboard Susan
05. Crawling from the Wreckage
06. Deborah
07. Trouble Boys
08. Cracking Up
09. Born Fighter
10. Promised Land
11. I Hear You Knockin'
12. Queen of Hearts
13. Here Comes the Weekend
14. So Fine
15. They Call It Rock
16. Ju Ju Man
17. Let It Rock > Bye Bye Johnny
18. Let's Talk About Us
I saw Rockpile just once, on July 8, 1979 at Belmont Race Track. The were leading in for Blondie, and it was the night after I saw Stephen Stills at the Garden State Arts Center. part of that run of 4 concerts in 3 weekends in July 1979. They opened with the highly appropriate The Race Is On! By the way, the contrast between the new wavers attending the show and the Belmont track regulars - think Oscar Madison from the Odd Couple TV series - was priceless.
This FM broadcast captures Rockpile just 2 days before I saw them, in Boston on July 6, 1979, 37 years ago today.



3 comments:
just in case you haven't got it here's that blondie gig you saw two days later
http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/JbGoUM7Q/file.html
Thanks for the link!
Hi. Could you please re-up this album when convenient? Thanks very much.
Post a Comment