Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Jayhawks - 2003-08-23 - Winnipeg, Canada (FM)

The Jayhawks
2003-08-23
Muddy Rivers Music Festival
Winnipeg Canada
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

Setlist
01. DJ Intro
02. Stumbling Through The Dark
03. Angelyne
04. Somewhere In Ohio
05. Take Me With You (When You Go)
06. Tampa To Tulsa
07. Save It For A Rainy Day
08. Blue
09. I'd Run Away
10. All The Right Reasons
11. Lost My Drivin' Wheel
12. Life Floats By
13. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
14. Waiting For The Sun
15. Haywire
16. Tailspin


Over the last several years I've been listening to WFUV-FM in New York, broadcasting from Fordham University. A non-commercial station, and a National Public Radio affiliate, WFUV boasts the slogan music discovery starts here." In many ways, the station recaptures the days when DJs had freedom to play the music they liked rather than follow a rigid playlist based on what would sell ads! Go here to see the variety of music they play and if you like what you see, you can listen on your PC.. Former WNEW-FM DJ Dennis Elsas handles the afternoon shift at WFUV, and one of his favorite bands is The Jayhawks. Well, thanks to Dennis, they're now one of mine as well. This FM Broadcast  captures The Jayhawks on in Winnipeg on August 23, 2003, 14 years ago today.




7 comments:

howlingwilf said...

i don't believe I've ever knowingly heard these guys, so I'm giving this a try on your recommendation, speedy, thanks for the incentive.

Alan R. said...

Speedy,

So I would really like to be able to hear this show. But Zippy has gotten downright scary. I tried 3 times to get this to download and all I got was a voice yelling at me that it was taking over my computer for ransom. It turned out to be a false alarm but it was rude enough that I won't be going back to Zippy any time soon. I would thank you immensely if you could re-post this at one of your other sites. But if not I understand and still appreciate all the wonderful music you share with all of us! Thanks for everything you do!!

speedymjb said...

Alan - sorry you had issues. I have never had a problem with zippyshare - I use firefox and chrome as my browsers and zippyshare works great with those. Here's a link to the show on sendspace - while I can't always do multiple links -just not enough time - you've been a long time friend of So Many Roads so I want you to be able to get this one! https://www.sendspace.com/file/sd4vsv

Alan R. said...

Speedy, you are a great guy! This worked perfectly. Great set list and great sound. I too use Firefox as my browser so it's hard to explain why this happens to me. I'll keep trying to figure it out but for now I'll just say thank you. The Jayhawks are such a great addition to the bands you post and so this is truly appreciated!

speedymjb said...

Glad to help! By the way - a friend tells me the trick to Zippy is the trick with zippy is to right click on the DOWNLOAD NOW box and save as instead of normal left clicking which opens extra pages.

Alan R. said...

I'll give that a try. By the way, when I was growing up in Brooklyn in the late 60's I too was a regular listener of WNEW-FM. The DJ there that turned me on to great music was Pete Fournatelle. WNEW was the class of NY radio and so I'm glad to hear that WFUV has taken up that tradition.

Pablo said...

Please, please, please...re-up when it is convenient. Thanks in advance!

Post a Comment