Sting
2017-03-03
Aragon Ballroom
Chicago, IL
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Synchronicity II
02. Spirits In The Material World
03. Band Intro > Englishman In New York
04. She's Too Good For Me
05. I Can't Stop Thinking About You
06. I Hung My Head
07. Fields Of Gold
08. Down, Down, Down
09. Petrol Head
10. Shape Of My Heart
11. Pretty Young Soldier
12. Message In A Bottle
13. Ashes To Ashes > 50,000
Missing
xx. Walking On The Moon
xx. So Lonely
xx. Desert Rose
xx. Roxanne
xx. Next To You
xx. Every Breath You Take
xx. The Empty Chair
2017-03-03
Aragon Ballroom
Chicago, IL
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Synchronicity II
02. Spirits In The Material World
03. Band Intro > Englishman In New York
04. She's Too Good For Me
05. I Can't Stop Thinking About You
06. I Hung My Head
07. Fields Of Gold
08. Down, Down, Down
09. Petrol Head
10. Shape Of My Heart
11. Pretty Young Soldier
12. Message In A Bottle
13. Ashes To Ashes > 50,000
Missing
xx. Walking On The Moon
xx. So Lonely
xx. Desert Rose
xx. Roxanne
xx. Next To You
xx. Every Breath You Take
xx. The Empty Chair
In November 2016, Sting released the album 57th &9th, his first rock album in 13 years since 2003's Sacred Love. The album's title is a reference to the New York intersection Sting crossed every day to get to Avatar Studios in the city's Hell's Kitchen district where much of the album was recorded. The disc includes the track 50,000, written the week of Prince's death, which pay's tribute to the Purple Rain composer as well as several other musicians who died in late 2015 and 2016 - David Bowie, Glenn Frey, & Lemmy. The disc went to #9 on the US Billboard charts and to #15 in the UK, Sting went on tour in support of the album in early 2017, playing almost 40 shows in the US and Europe. This FM broadcast captures a portion of his show in Chicago during that tour, on March 3, 2017, just 2 years ago today.



5 comments:
Speedy I'm putting up some live Jack & the Degenerates over at the Cave 2 cd set. I have put up a lot of good blues today inc. a live Lightnin' Hopkins. Have a nice night. jimg
Sorry I haven't had much to say. Been posting a lot lately. I've got 20 yrs of free music to repay. It's taking a lot of prayers. Not everyone is as kind as you or the Cave People.
Jimg - thanks for the kind words my friend. Appreciate all the great music you are posting in the CAVE1 Thanks!
Thanks for the great Sting show and music youve been posting over the years Speedy ,and for running a classy operation.I visit many great blogs and i was wondering if other blogsters like yourself has noticed what has been going on at Big Os blog for sometime ? Trolls have pretty much taken over the comments section over there.A real shame becaus like yours and others i visit there on a regular basis.The powers that be are either unwilling or unable to stop it.Some of the comments are pretty offensive and x rated.I certainly wouldnt want my kids reading that.The music there remains first rate.but the comments are a real downer.Just wanted to know if you were aware as this has been going on for some time.Keep the great tunz comin and thanks a lot.
My pleasure - unfortunately, many music chat sites have been over run by trolls. Its up to the moderators to police it but given that it is probably someone doing it in their spare time, i doubt they have the time. I just download the music and avoid the chat!
Post a Comment