U2
1998-03-21
Johannesburg Stadium
Johannesburg, South Africa
FM broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1
01. Pop Muzik
02. Mofo
03. I Will Follow
04. Gone
05. Even Better Than the Real Thing
06. Last Night On Earth
07. Until the End Of the World
08. New Year's Day
09. Pride (In the Name Of Love)
10. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
11. Stand By Me
12. All I Want Is You/Never Tear Us Apart
13. Staring At the Sun
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday
CD 2:
01. Bullet the Blue Sky
02. Please
03. Where the Streets Have No Name
04. Lemon Intermission
05. Discotheque
06. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
07. With Or Without You
08. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
09. Mysterious Ways
10. One
11. 40
1998-03-21
Johannesburg Stadium
Johannesburg, South Africa
FM broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1
01. Pop Muzik
02. Mofo
03. I Will Follow
04. Gone
05. Even Better Than the Real Thing
06. Last Night On Earth
07. Until the End Of the World
08. New Year's Day
09. Pride (In the Name Of Love)
10. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
11. Stand By Me
12. All I Want Is You/Never Tear Us Apart
13. Staring At the Sun
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday
CD 2:
01. Bullet the Blue Sky
02. Please
03. Where the Streets Have No Name
04. Lemon Intermission
05. Discotheque
06. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
07. With Or Without You
08. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
09. Mysterious Ways
10. One
11. 40
In March 1997, U2 released the album Pop, which continued the band’s experimentation with a variety of musical styles, including alternative rock, techno, dance and electronica. The album employed a variety of production techniques relatively new to U2, including sampling, loops, programmed drum machines and sequencing. The band experienced numerous difficulties in completing the album, missing the original November 1996 release date and barely finishing production before the start of their Pop Mart tour in April 1997. In the end, both the album and the subsequent tour met with mixed reviews from critics and fans. Long time U2 fans did not know what to make of the songs from the new album. While many of the special effects and elaborate staging at the concerts were designed to poke fun at popular culture, the jokes often missed their mark, and simply confused those in attendance. In fact, after the tour ended, U2 announced it would begin “reapplying for the job of best band in the world.” This soundboard recording captures U2 in South Africa on March 21, 1998, 21 years ago today, on the last night of the Pop Mart tour. Download this one and judge for yourself whether or not U2 hit or missed the mark with Pop!



0 comments:
Post a Comment