Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, August 30, 2019

Chicago - 1969-08-30 - Lewiston, TX (SBD)

Chicago
1969-08-30
Texas International Pop Festival
Dallas International Motor Speedway,
Lewisville, TV
Soundboard Recording
320 Kbps
Artwork Included

01. Introduction
02. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is
03. South California Purples
04. Beginnings
05. 25 or 6 To 4

Bonus Tracks
1969-08-31
Texas International Pop Festival
Dallas International Motor Speedway,
Lewisville, TV
Soundboard Recording

06. announcements
07. I'm A Man


Chicago, which at the time still known as the Chicago Transit Authority, had initially been signed on to play at Woodstock. Unfortunately for the band, however, they had a contract with concert promoter Bill Graham, which allowed him to move the date of Chicago's concerts at the Fillmore West. He rescheduled their Fillmore performances to the weekend of Woodstock, thus forcing the band to back out of the festival.  Graham's reason - he wanted to open a slot at the festival for one of his other bands, which turned out to be Santana!  Needless to say, Chicago, according to singer and bassist Peter Cetera, was "sort of peeved at him for pulling that one."

Chicago got a festival opportunity just 2 weeks after Woodstock, becoming one of a host of acts to play the Texas Pop Festival. This soundboard recording captures Chicago's set from August 30, 1969. a half century ago today.




2 comments:

jim said...

Hi, my friend. This for you, not the site. I finally found out what's wrong. I had been working for the last 6 months cleaning up a salvage yard I inherited. I had to go to court to remove some squatters. It took 4 1/2 years. I had the town turn off all the utilities. The squatters decided to use all the buildings, truck bodies, car trunks & the ground as toilets. The DEP made me clean it all up, or be fined, ( They called the DEP) I shoveled sh--, into 50 gal. drums, & had waste disposal take them away. In the mean time stupid me, would take my gloves off, take a leak, & put the gloves back on & continue working. Needless to say, I got a very nasty yeast infection, Have had about 10 different meds, & now have to be circumsised in order to finally kill off everything. In the meantime the Town rezoned the property, & now I can't sell it as a business. 4 1/2 acres. $200,000 in bills that I paid most of & can't recoup. It has a mortgage that I was going to pay, when I sold, I just told them to foreclose. I've had enough. This last news was the payoff. I suppose I should be glad, I will be losing some weight. Haha. God only gives us what we can handle, & I've got big shoulders. This last battle w/infections has made me tired, & that is why I haven't written or put much on. Please keep me in your prayers, & ask Arizona jones to do so too. Thanks, jimg.

Anonymous said...

Amazing post again!
The Texas International Pop Festival has many gems in int...
Thanks!
Frank

Post a Comment