Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Elton John - 1976-09-17 - Edinburgh, Scotland (SBD)

Elton John
1976-09-17
Playhouse Theatre
Endinburgh, Scotland
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Band Introduction
02. Skyline Pigeon
03. I Need You To Turn To
04. Sixty Years On
05. Border Song
06. Daniel
07. Love Song
08. The Greatest Discovery
09. Candle In The Wind
10. Bennie And The Jets
11. Rocket Man
12. Tonight
13. I Think I'm Going To Kill Myself
14. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
15. Better Off Dead
16. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
17. Someone Saved My Life Tonight
18. Sweet Painted Lady
19. Your Song
20. Island Girl > The Bitch Is Back
21. Don't Go Breaking My Heart
22. Saturday Night's Alright


1976 - Although Elton John wrapped up his Louder Than A Concorde on August 17 at Madison Square Garden, the last of 7 shows at that venue, that performance was not the final show he played that year. Exactly 1 month later, Captain Fantastic played a solo gig at the Edinburgh Playhouse Theater in Scotland on September 17, 1976, 43 years ago today, as captured in this soundboard recording The Playhouse had opened on August 12, 1929 as a movie theater seating 3400, during an era when such venues were designed to create a sense of grandeur and opulence. The Theater closed in 1973, but was saved from the demolition heap and turned into a concert hall. Crosby & Nash, Santana, The Clash, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, and The Who, just to name a few, all played the venue. Download this one to hear Sir Elton’s last show in 1976, an while you listen, check out video of the concert and You-Tube, as well as read more about the history of The Edinburg Theater Playhouse at this site.



9 comments:

Catfish John said...

WOW,great setlist! Thank you once again!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

can't figure out how to download useing zippy share deposit files and rapid share no problem could someone explain zippy share , really want this show thanks

Anonymous said...

could you please repost this show on deposit files cant figure out zippy, any help would be apreciated. please respond thanks

speedymjb said...

When you click on the link above, it takes you to the zippyshare page. On the right at the top is a big orange box that says DOWNLOAD NOW. Just click on that!

corvin said...

thanks!

Hartz said...

I had stopped coming to this blog altogether (I used to download LOTS of stuff from here), because every time I would download a file, when I would try to expand it, I would get an error message saying that the file is damaged. I kept trying, but the same thing happened every time, so I gave up. I saw this post and wanted the show, so I tried again after not downloading anything for months. Same thing. Has anyone else experienced this issue? FYI I use a Macbook running the latest OS.

speedymjb said...

TRY UPGRADING YOUR COPY OF WINRAr IN ORDER TO UNZIP THE FILES

Frank said...

Thank you for Elton John!!

Post a Comment