Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Paul McCartney & Wings - 1979-12-17 - Glasgow, UK (SBD)

Paul McCartney & Wings
Last Flight 1979
1979-12-17
Apollo Theatre
Glascow, Scotland
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Got To Get You Into My Life
02. Getting Closer
03. Every Night
04. Again And Again And Again
05. I've Had Enough
06. No Words
07. Cook Of The House
08. Old Siam, Sir
09. Maybe I'm Amazed
10. The Fool On The Hill
11. Let It Be
12. Hot As Sun
13. Spin It On
14. Twenty Flight Rock
15. Go Now
16. Arrow Through Me
17. Wonderful Christmastime

CD 2:
01. Coming Up
02. Goodnight Tonight
03. Yesterday
04. Mull Of Kintyre
05. Band On The Run

Bonus Tracks:
Concert For The People Of Kampuchea
1979-12-29

06. Got To Get You Into My Life
07. Every Night
08. Coming Up
09. Lucille
10. Let It Be
11. Rockestra Theme


On November 23, 1979, Paul McCartney and Wings began a 19-date concert tour of the United Kingdom to promote their newest album, Back to the Egg. The band added a 20th date when they teamed up with Elvis Costello, Rockpile and Robert Plant for the last of 4 Concerts for Kampuchea on December 29, 1979. At the time, the UK shows were supposed to be the first leg of a world tour that would visit Japan, Europe and the US. All that ended, however, when McCartney was busted for marijuana possession when arriving in Japan in January 1980. So, though no one knew it at the time, those 20 concerts became the last tour by Wings. Amazingly, an incredible soundboard is available of the entire last show before the Kampuchea concert, from Glasgow, Scotland on December 17, 1979, 41 years ago today. In keeping with our theme for the month, the show features McCartney & Wings performing Wonderful Christmastime!


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post speedy paul is in fine forum in this show thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

Top!
Thank you very much.
More Wings Boots PLEASE !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Link is Dead please Repost

speedymjb said...

New link is up! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!

Unknown said...

Gets down on knees and says can I get a repost of this?

Lost all my bootlegs and this was one of my favorites. :)

I may end up begging for a few more along the way lol!

Beaker/Brian

speedymjb said...

Never need to beg my good friend! I promise - when I get home from work, I'll repost this one! Check back later tonight!

Sorry to hear you lost all your bootlegs. Whatever you need from my site, just ask and I'll get it for you!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'll be trolling all over this place to get them back.

speedymjb said...

new link is up! enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much!!!

Gotta ask about one more though lol! Do you have Paul McCartney - Seldom Live?

Dino posted that one way back when and it's one I use a lot. He had a U2 live compilation too it was a Vol. 1 but I can't remember the name of that one.

speedymjb said...

Sorry - I don't have McCartney Seldom Live. I'll get to the Pink Floyd & U2 reposts either today or tomorrow~!

Anonymous said...

Speedy, Would you be so kind as to repost this exciting and historic show?
Thanks so much in advance! This site is much appreciated!

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Thank, Speedy! You are the best! This site never disappoints, and your efforts are truly enjoyed!

Paul Redbeard said...

Fantabulosa! Many thanks, Paul

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy!

analogkid610 said...

Thankx its still up and working

clp said...

Thanks

speedymjb said...

new link is up -enjoy

Post a Comment