The Beatles
1965-08-15
Shea Stadium
Flushing NY
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
The Beatles
01. Introduction
02. Twist And Shout
03. She's A Woman
04. I Feel Fine
05. Dizzy Miss Lizzy
06. Ticket To Ride
07. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby
08. Can't Buy Me Love
09. Baby's In Black
10. Act Naturally
11. A Hard Day's Night
12. Help!
13. I'm Down
King Curtis
14. National Anthem
15. Intermezzo
Discotech Dancers
16. Medley
King Curtis
17. What'd I Say
18. The Branch
19. Soul Twist
20. Intermezzo
Cannibal & Headhunters
21. Out Of Sight
22. Now Lady Now
23. The Way You Do The Things You Do
24. Land Of 1000 Dances
Brenda Holloway
25. Shake/Satisfaction
26. I Can't Help Myself
27. You Can Cry On My Shoulder
28. When I'm Gone
CD 2
01. Intermezzo
Sounds Inc.
02. America/Fingertips
03. William Tell Overture
04. Instrumental
05. In The Hall Of The Mountain Kings
The Beatles - Original 1966 BBC Soundtrack
06. Introduction
07. Twist And Shout
08. I Feel Fine
09. Dizzy Miss Lizzy
10. Ticket To Ride
11. Act Naturally
12. Can't Buy Me Love
13. Baby's In Black
14. A Hard Day's Night
15. Help!
16. I'm Down
The Beatles Live At Shea Described By Erupting Fans
17. Part 1
18. Part 2
I grew up in Flushing, Queens, 1 train stop from Shea Stadium, former home of the New York Mets (though I'm a Yankee fan through and through - that was passed down from my dad!). I was 6 years old, just about to enter first grade, and way too young to understand what it meant when the Beatles took the stage at Shea on August 15, 1965, 55 years ago today. Once again, the Beatles would make history. The show was the first on their 1965 summer tour, but more importantly, it was also the first-ever stadium rock concert. Beatlemania required a setting larger than any band before had ever needed. Rock & roll would never be the same after this show. Today's mega outdoor events, complete with video screens, giant stages, special effects and pyrotechnics are the legacy of the Beatles performance that August night in Queens. This soundboard recording, captures the entire 30 minute performance (a 1/2 hour!! -- today, I'm annoyed if a band plays less than 3 hours!), including the introduction by Ed Sullivan, as well as all of the opening acts. A dozen songs, 30 minutes and the show was over, but its impact has lasted a life time. Note - we posted this previously on So Many Roads, but this version includes the entire show, including sets by King Curtis, Cannibal & Headhunters and Brenda Holloway.
The Beatles/Jerry Garcia Connections
- Almost every rock band has been influenced by The Beatles, and Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead are no exception.
- According to one biography of Jerry Garcia, the reason Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions morphed into the Grateful Dead was all thanks to the Fab Four. "For one thing, like half of America under the age of 25, Jerry had been seduced by the Beatles, especially their film, A Hard Day's Night, which depicted life in a rock and roll band as just about the most fun that could be had on planet earth. The Beatles were deliciously irreverent and in-your-face anarchic; untameable gadabouts on an endless lark, always living in a completely different universe than the pitiable straight forces that were constantly trying to control, or at the very least, restrain them." "The Beatles were why we turned from a jug band into a rock and roll band" said Bob Weir.
- Over the years, The Grateful Dead incorporated a host of Beatle tunes into their live shows, including A Day In the Life, Blackbird, Day Tripper, Hey Jude, I Want To Tell You. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Rain, Revolution, Tomorrow Never Knows and Why Don't We Do It In The Road.. They also played McCartney’s That Would Be Something.
- Jerry Garcia’s solo shows included covers of I Saw Her Standing There, Eleanor Rigby and Dear Prudence, as well as McCartney’s Let Me Roll It.
- In the 1960s, Linda McCartney did a photo session with the Dead. Those pictures were later incorporated into a nine-minute film released in 1996 called Grateful Dead: A Photofilm. It was directed by none other than Sir Paul McCartney. McCartney had hoped to show the film to Jerry Garcia just before the guitarist passed away. ”I heard on the news that Jerry had died, and I thought, ‘Oh no, I was just about to show the film to him,’ ” McCartney told the New York Times. ”I’d been in correspondence with him, because he was a painter and I thought he’d like this. Unfortunately, I missed him. I suppose it has become a little bit of a tribute to Jerry because of it.”
- McCartney admitted he had never been to a Dead concert, but after making the film, regretted he never took the opportunity to do so.



8 comments:
speedy: Thanks! Just last week I was watching part of the 1995 Anthology DVD about this show. You're always on the spot with things!
/
Deckard
Thanks my friend for the kind words!
NEW LINK - The Beatles = 1965-08-15 - Shea Stadium , Fushing NY ( SBD ) , Please , Thanks.
The Beatles 1965-08-15 Shea Stadium NY ( SBD ) =NEW LINK, Please and Thank You.
New link is up - enjoy!
speedymjb - info what 's uncomplete , without King Curtis, Cannibal Headhunters, Brenda Holloway and CD 2 SOUNDS INCORPORATED. , OK , Brother? - Wait to complete ! Thank You
Updated link - this is all I ahave
speedymjb , alright now ! = now, yes 100% , thaks very much.
Post a Comment