The Youngbloods
1971-12-05
Pacific High Studios
San Francisco, CA
KSAN-FM Broadcast
128 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Six Days on the Road
02. Country Home
03. Wouldn't It Be Funny
04. Let the Good Times Roll
05. I'm a Hog For You Baby
06. Instrumental
07. Misty Roses
08. Dreamboat
09. Driftin' and Driftin'
10. T-Bone Shuffle
11. Banjo Solo
12. Old Dan Tucker
13. Circus Face
14. Kind Hearted Woman
15. Donna
16. Willie and the Hand Jive
17. Living in the USA
18. Hippie From Olima
19. You Can't Catch Me
20. Instrumental
21. Reason to Believe
22. Josieanne
23. Before the Sun Goes Down
24. Instrumental
25. Beautiful
26. Get Together
Despite frequent critical acclaim, The Youngbloods never achieved commercial success, with the brief exception of the summer of 1969 when the Woodstock generation propelled their cover of Get Together to the #5 position on the Billboard charts. The tune became synonomous with the band to some degree, as evidenced by their experience with the Johnny Carson show. The band wanted to play both that tune and a new song during their appearance. Carson's producers, claiming time constraints, insisted on get Together and no other songs. The band refused and did not perform at all, which, of course, didn't do much for getting the band national exposure. In any event, as 1971 wound down, the band was on its last legs. In 1972, they would disband and Jesse Colin Young would launch his solo career. This FM broadcast captures the band's final live performance, in San Francisco, on December 5, 1971, 45 years ago today. Maybe the band knew it was the end, because they finish the show with Get Together!



3 comments:
I wanted to send you a big thank you for this second Youngbloods show you've posted. I had about 1/2 of this set, but this literally doubles the song list.
I was lucky enough to see these guys 3 times. In 1969 i saw them open for the Jefferson Airplane at the Fillmore East and then in 1971 I saw them twice on college campuses, long joyful shows. So these shows you've posted are really precious to me because there are so few of their shows available. Thanks Speedy!
@Alan - Glad I could bring back fond memories! Enjoy my friend!
Thanks a lot for this - not sure I've ever seen a Youngbloods boot before!
Post a Comment