Van Morrison
1989-12-18
The Point
Dublin, Ireland
Excellent Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Inlcuded
01. Parchman Farm
02. Cat's Eyes
03. Funny How Time Slips Away
04. I Will Be There
05. Whenever God Shines His Light
06. Cleaning Windows
07. It's All In The Game > Make It Real One More Time
08. Orangefield
09. Tore Down A La Rimbaud
10. When Will I Ever Learn To Live In God
11. I'd Love To Write Another Song
12. Moody's Mood For Love
13. Yeh Yeh
14. Benediction (Thank God For Self Love)
15. Help Me
16. Raglan Road
17. Carrickfergus
18. Full Force Gale
19. Summertime In England
20. Moondance > Fever
21. Vanlose Stairway > Trans-Euro Train
22. Star of the County Down
23. Northern Muse (Solid Ground) > When Heart Is Open
24. In The Garden
25. Have I Told You Lately
26. These Are The Days
27. Gloria > Smokestack Lightning
28. She Moved Through the FairIn June 1989, Van Morrison released the album Avalon Sunset, which when paired with Poetic Champions Compose from 2 years earlier, comprised some of his best work since his heyday in the 1970s. Those 2 discs yielded tunes such as Someone Like You, Queen Of The Slipstream, When Will I Ever Learn to Live in God, These Are The Days, Whenever God Shines His Light, and Have I Told You Lately, all of which now have taken a prominent place in his vast catalog of music. This excellent audience recording captures Van on tour in support of his then newly released album, at The Point in his home country, on December 18, 1989, 35 years ago today.

0 comments:
Post a Comment