Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bruce Cockburn - 1985-02-22 Hamburg, Germany (SBD)

Bruce Cockburn
1985-02-22
Markhalle,
Hamburg, Germany
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included

01. intro
02. Dance With You
03. Lovers In A Dangerous Time
04. intro
05. Maybe The Poet
06. The Trouble With Normal
07. All's Quiet On The Inner City Front
08. Creation Dream
09. How I Spent My Fall Vacation
10. intro
11. Tropic Moon
12. Nicaragua
13. intro
14. Rocket Launcher
15. To Raise The Morning Star
16. Hoop Dancer
17. Dust And Diesel
18. Making Contact
19. Put Our Hearts Together
20. Lord Of The Starfields


1985 - Bruce Cockburn was born in Canada in 1945, and established a strong following in that country after he began his musical career. He didn’t have much impact in the US until 1980 when his single, Wondering Where The Lions Are, went to #21 on the Billboard charts.His 1984 album Stealing Fire, produced the well known singles Lovers In A Dangerous Time and If I Had A Rocket Launcher. This soundboard recording captures Cockburn on tour in support of that album, in Germany on February 23, 1985, 32 years ago today.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. Bruce is a standup guy, in addition to being an incredible guitar player, singer and lyricist. I followed him around FL like a Deadhead a few years back and got a bunch of CDs autographed. Then, two years ago, he appeared at a book festival in Tallahassee with Robert Olen Butler, and I made the trek for that. Sadly, they didn't draw a big crowd that day, but the FL area loss was my gain: I got to hang out and chat with these two legends for quite a while and get a picture with them. I'll never forget it.

Post a Comment