Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Jerry Garcia Band - 1980-02-22 - New Brunswick, NJ (HQ Aud)

Jerry Garcia Band
1980-02-22
The Barn
Rutgers University
New Brunswick, NJ
HQ Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

1st Set:
01. Crowd
02. It Takes A Lot To Laugh
03. Crowd
04. They Love Each Other 
05. Crowd
06. Let It Rock
07. Simple Twist Of Fate
08. Crowd
09. That's Alright Mama

2nd Set:
01. Sugaree
02. Crowd
03. I'll Take A Melody
04. That's What Love Will Make You Do
05. Friend Of The Devil
06. How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You >
07. Midnight Moonlight

Encore:
01. When I Paint My Masterpiece

1980 - The Jerry Garcia Band's 1980 tour was a magical ride, as evidenced by the fact that 2 shows from the run were officially released.  The February 28 show from Kean College has been released on the album, After Midnight, which takes its name from the legendary After Midnight > Eleanor Rigby > After Midnight jam that closed the first of the 2 shows the band played that night. The March 1, 1980 concerts (I was at the early show) from the Capital Theatre in Passaic, NJ were so good that they were selected to be the first release in the Garcia Live series. This excellent audience recording, from legendary taper Barry Glassberg catures Garcia during that 1980 run, in New Brusnswick on February 22, 1980, 37 years ago today, 



















11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be so grateful if you could repost this at your convenience. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

It's very busy around the holidays, I know. When you get a moment in your schedule, it would be great if you could post this back. Thank you kindly. Love and appreciate your passion!

speedymjb said...

new links are up! enjoy!

jim said...

Yay Jerry Do you have any dates you need? Let me know. Have I been sending some good blues to the cave? Hope you like them. jimg. ps taking my meds & feeling better. Have a nice day. I have Elsi's final concert 7-26-77. The one where the announcer says Elvis has left the bldg. Do you want it

speedymjb said...

Jimg - You are doing an amazing job of posting in the CAVE. Thanks for all you have shared. I think I have every Jerry soundboard available. I'll let you know if I need anything else. And I have ELvis's final concert as well. Thanks!

jim said...

Has anyone posted Legion of Mary shows? I have 2. I have a whole bunch of Dead cd's from the Lyceum shows.

jim said...

https://we.tl/t-xhtJDLcP8j legion of Mary disc 1 Marked Mystery Tape Northeast tour 1975. Disc 2 will be coming. I also have a 2nd show in PA. also 2cd.

jim said...

https://we.tl/t-DYOYuhIipu Here is disc 2. Will put up the other 2 tomorrow.

speedymjb said...

Thanks jimg!

Captain Howdy said...

Just wanted to say thanks again for that flurry of activity last weekend. I tried grabbing this yesterday and it failed. Any chance of the other host site on this one? Thanks for all you do.

Wheezer said...

Thanks for this. I was at this show and had a terrible audience tape. This upgrade is much appreciated.

Post a Comment