Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Eric Clapton - 1983-02-07 - San Francisco, CA (SBD)

Eric Clapton
1983-02-07
Cow Palace
San Francisco, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01: After Midnight
02: I Shot The Sheriff
03: Worried Life Blues
04: Crazy Country Hop
05: Crosscut Saw
06: Slow Down Linda
07: Sweet Little Lisa
08: Key To The Highway

CS 2:
01: Tulsa Time
02: I've Got Rock And Roll Heart
03: Wonderful Tonight
04: Blues Power
05: Long Distance Call
06: Have You Ever Loved A Woman
07: Let It Rain
08: Cocaine

Bonus track
1978-11-12
San Antonio TX

09. One Night

1983 - That Eric Clapton was able to tour in 1983 was nothing short of miraculous, given his physical and emotional state just a year earlier. In January 1982, EC, having finally admitted he was an alcoholic, flew from London to Minneapolis to check into the Hazelden Treatment Center. On the flight, Clapton drank heavily out of fear he would never be able to drink again. Clapton is quoted in his autobiography as saying, "In the lowest moments of my life, the only reason I didn't commit suicide was that I knew I wouldn't be able to drink any more if I was dead. It was the only thing I thought was worth living for, and the idea that people were about to try and remove me from alcohol was so terrible that I drank and drank and drank, and they had to practically carry me into the clinic.” After being discharged, the doctors at Hazelden recommended that EC avoid any activities that would act as a trigger for his alcoholism. A few months after his discharge, Clapton began working on his next album, against the Hazelden doctors' orders. Working with Tom Dowd, Clapton produced the disc Money & Cigarettes, which he released in February 1983. The album’s memorable cover depicts Clapton, cigarette in hand, standing next to a melting Fender Stratocaster guitar. EC said he chose the album title and imagery "because, that's all I saw myself having left”. Despite less than stellar reviews for the album, the single I've Got a Rock 'n' Roll Heart went to #18 on the Billboard charts. This soundboard captures EC on the 5th night of the tour in San Francisco on February 7, 1983, 34 years ago today. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment