Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 1, 2017

Grateful Dead - 1981-05-01 - Hampton, VA (SBD)

Grateful Dead
1981-05-01
Hampton Coliseum
Hampton, VA
Soundboard recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

1st Set:
01. Alabama Getaway >
02. Promised Land
03. Friend Of The Devil ->
04. Me And My Uncle >
05. Big River
06. Althea ->
07. Little Red Rooster
08. Tennessee Jed >
09. Let It Grow >
10. Deal

Set 2:
01. Feel Like A Stranger >
02. Franklin's Tower >
03. Lost Sailor >
04. Saint Of Circumstance >
05. He's Gone >
06. The Other One >
07. Drums >
08. Space >
09. The Wheel >
10. Wharf Rat >
11. Sugar Magnolia

Encore:
01. U.S. Blues


Grateful Dead 1981 - #1: I saw the Grateful Dead on March 10, 1981 at Madison Square Garden, which made my list of the top 10 Dead shows I've attended.  The band was in a great mood that night, and surprised us all wih a Trucking into Sugar Magnolia segue to end the 2nd set, and a rare 2 song encore of Satisfaction and Brokedown Palace,  I didn't see the band again for over 2 years, until April 1983,  as getting my MBA limited the time I had fror fun and games.  As a result, I missed the Spring 1981 tour,  which was a really solid run by the band, featuring 2 shows, from May 6 and May 16, that wee officially released.  So, to make up for missing that tour live, between now and May 17,  I'll bring you 8 concerts from that run We'll start with this soundboard recording from Hampton, VA from May 1, 1981, 3 dozen tears ago this very day.







2 comments:

Pig Street! said...

The third Hampton show for The Grateful Dead, this is a good recording but as in a lot of cases, i tend to go with an excellent AUD recording on the Live Music Archive. Especially if you were fortunate to see them live, an excellent AUD places me back there live once again...thnx Speedy.

speedymjb said...

My pleasure, my good friend!

Post a Comment