Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Southside Johnny - 1986-05-02 - Buffalo, NY (SBD)

Southside Johnny
& The Asbury Jukes
1986-05-20
Canisius College
Buffalo, NY
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Let The Good Times Roll
02. I Played The Fool
03. I Only Wanna Be With You
04. Tell Me That Our Love Is Strong
05. Walk Away Renee
06. I'm So Anxious
07. Wake Up Little Suzie
08. Brokedown Piece of Man
09. Love Is A Drug
10. New Romeo
11. Paris
12. This Time Is For Real
13. True Love Is So Hard To Find
14. New Coat Of Paint
15. The Fever
16. I Don't Want To Go Home
17. Havin' A Party
18. All I Want Is Everything
19. You Can Count On Me


Southside Johnny 1986 - #1: While Bruce Springsteen was conquering the world in the mid 1980s with the album Born In The USA, his fellow Jersey Shore band, Southside Johny and the Asbury Jukes, was hardly experiencing the same success.  Billy Rush left the band in 1985, and was replaced by Boby Bandiera. In 1986, they released the album At Least We Got Shoes, dropping the Jukes from the band name (temporarily) in the process, perhaps to try and shake the Jersey shore affiliation and appeal to a wider audience.  Unfortunately, the album met with little commercial or critical success.  The band did release a cover of WalK Away, Renee in 1986, which has since become a staple of the band's live performances. Their cover version also led to a curious incident involving the tune's original writer and singer, Michael Brown of the band, The Left Banke, who had a reputation for being a recluse. "One day I'm in the kitchen making stuff, and I hear someone scrabbling at the front door. I got out, and a car pulls away. In the mailbox is a tape from Michael Brown of some other songs. He didn't say 'Hi' or anything like that. And there was no return address. What a strange thing that was." In any event, this soundboard recording captures Southside and the Asbury Jukes in Buffalo on May 2, 1986,  31 years ago today. Download this one, then come back on May 30 for the 2nd half of this Same Tour, Different Show entry.








1 comments:

cantsomebodyelsedoit@gmail.com said...

SO MANY ROADS TO EASE MY SOUL
really Rocks!!!!
Want to thank YOU for your real priceless work!!!
GREATEST sid(t)e in WorlWideWebLAND
Thanks 4 keepin` Rock`n`Roll alive!!!
Keep the faith ...
Since more than 40 years i am now a faithful, loyal disciple of Johnny Lyon and really love and enjoy each and every LIVE performance of the Jukes ... unfortunately i missed more than i personally witnessed.
So thanks for sharing!!!

Post a Comment