Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
1969-12-14
Masonic Temple
Detroit, Michigan
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
02. Blackbird
03. On the Way Home
04. Teach Your Children
05. Triad
06. Guinevere
07. Our House
08. Country Girl
09. Helpless
10. Black Queen
11. 49 Bye Byes (Missing)
12. For What Its Worth (Missing)
13. Pre-Road Down
14. So Begins The Task
15. Long Time Gone
16. Woodstock
17. Wooden Ships (Missing)
18. Down By The River (Missing)
CSNY - 1969 - #1: After their historic performance at Woodstock in August, CSNY spent much of the rest of 1969 on the road. At several stops along the way, they were joined by Joni Mitchell. Unfortunately, details on this tour are sketchy and contradictory, to say the least. For example, take a look at this soundboard from Detroit on December 14, 1969, 5 decades ago today, Some web sites say Joni Mitchell appeared, but she is not on the recording. Some copies of the bootleg indicate that show took place at the Masonic Temple, while others indicate it's Cobo Hall. Some set lists show 18 songs, but this bootleg only has 14. Amazing what the passage of time can do to memories. Regardless of the location or presence of guest stars or what was played, you’ll want to download this show to capture CSNY on their very first tour! Download this one, then come back on December 18 and 21 for parts 2 and 3 of this Same Tour, Different Show set from CSNY.



18 comments:
Link?
Sorry about that - link vanished for a while! I've fixed it so you can download!
Thanks!
I like your site. It's homey :)
Can you possibly upload this one again, pleez?? Thanks so much!!
ron in Flagstaff
new link is up! enjoy!
thanks so much!!!
A beautiful day in Flagstaff!!
FYI--I looked the show up in the online Newspaper Archives. The Dec 14, 1969 show was at Detroit's Masonic Auditorium. The review at the time says Joni came out for the encore and led the group in the Youngbloods' "Get Together."
Fantastic post!!
Thank you
When I click on the link, I go to a sendspace page, but when I click on download, nothing happens. Do I have to have a sendspace account to download? Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me.
I tested it twice and its working, but just in case, I posted a new sendspace link. Try using Chrime
Downloaded it but only got tracks 7-12 from disc# 1. Artwork is from Houston dec 1969. Can you please re-upload it.
ACCIDENTALLY UPLOADED 12-18 - THIS WILL BE CORRECTED LATER TODAY
CORRECTED LINK FOR 12/14/1969 IS UP AS OF 6:30 eASTERN tIME
Track 14 is actually titled "So Begins the Task". It is from the first Manassas album.
I've tried Opera, Chrome & Firefox. All of them require I register with Send Space. To register requires a credit card. I have had more than my share of on line credit card fraud and identity theft, I do not give out my credit card info, so I guess I'm out of look if you use send space.
@bob W - Sorry you are having an issue but no registration or credit card is needed. And if you want to create a sendspace account - not that its needed - its free. I use Chrome and all you do is click the blue download bar and it starts the download automatically.
Hi Speedy, I got it working.
Since no one else had problems, I figured it had to be something on my end. I tried Opera again, and as soon as I click on download I go to a sign up screen. I cleared all cache and all temporary files, and tried again. It worked perfectly. Thanks for your patience with me.
Post a Comment