Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Grateful Dead - 1980-12-31 - Oakland CA (SBD)

Grateful Dead
1980-12-31
Oakland Auditorium Arena
Oakland CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

Acoustic Set:
01. Dire Wolf
02. On The Road Again
03. To Lay Me Down
04. Monkey and the Engineer
05. Jack-a-Roe
06. Cassidy
07. Been All Around This World
08. The Race is On
09. Bird Song
10. Ripple

1st Electric Set
01. Alabama Getaway >
02. Greatest Story Ever Told
03. They Love Each Other
04. Little Red Rooster
05. China Cat Sunflower >
06. I Know You Rider
07. Looks Like Rain
08. Althea
09. Lost Sailor >
10. Saint of Circumstance >
11. Deal

2nd Electric Set:
01. Sugar Magnolia >
02. Scarlet Begonias >
03. Fire on the Mountain >
04. Estimated Prophet >
05. Drums >
06. Space >
07. The Other One >
08. Wharf Rat >
09. Around and Around >
10. Sunshine Daydream

Encore:
01. Satisfaction >
02. Brokedown Palace


Grateful Dead - 1980 - #2: As promised, here's the 2nd part of our Same Tour, Different Show entry featuring the Grateful Dead in 1980. This one is a soundboard recording from December  31, 1980, 39 years ago today.  As they had done back in the fall, the Dead opened the night with an acoustic set, then followed with 2 electric sets and an encore! Happy New Year!




4 comments:

EMShea said...

For many years, this site was a daily visit. I just love to see what you post and what you write about it and the setlists and just everything. I've been traveling for six months and I'm so glad to revisit and get back into it.
This Dead show looks extraordinary and I don't have it. The link asks for a premium account. If there's a possibility of getting this put up on MF or Mega, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks again for this site. It's so great.

speedymjb said...

Welcome back and thanks forthe kind words! new link is up - enjoy

steve berryhill said...

Thank you so very much for all the great Dead shows you have been posting....stuff I haven't been able to find and I really appreciate it! This is one of those shows and it has expired and asks for a premium account, is there any way you might re-up the show?I understand if not and again, thank you!

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy!

Post a Comment