The Who
1979-12-08
Chicago International Amphitheatre
Chicago IL
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Intro
02. Substitute
03. I Can't Explain
04. Baba O'Riley
05. The Punk And The Godfather
06. My Wife
07. Sister Disco
08. Behind Blue Eyes
09. Music Must Change
10. Drowned
11. Who Are You
12. 5.15
13. Pinball Wizard
14. See Me Feel Me
15. Long Live Rock
16. My Generation
17. I Can See For Miles
18. Sparks
19. Won't Get Fooled Again)
20. Applause
21. The Real Me
22. Dancing In The Streets
23. Dance It Away
24. Young Man Blues
25. Roadrunner
26. Big Boss Man
27. How Can You Do It Alone
1979-12-08
Chicago International Amphitheatre
Chicago IL
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Intro
02. Substitute
03. I Can't Explain
04. Baba O'Riley
05. The Punk And The Godfather
06. My Wife
07. Sister Disco
08. Behind Blue Eyes
09. Music Must Change
10. Drowned
11. Who Are You
12. 5.15
13. Pinball Wizard
14. See Me Feel Me
15. Long Live Rock
16. My Generation
17. I Can See For Miles
18. Sparks
19. Won't Get Fooled Again)
20. Applause
21. The Real Me
22. Dancing In The Streets
23. Dance It Away
24. Young Man Blues
25. Roadrunner
26. Big Boss Man
27. How Can You Do It Alone
The Who - 1979 - #1: Following Keith Moon's death in September 1978, The Who decided to continue as band, recruiting former Small Faces drummer Kenney Jones; keyboardist John "Rabbit" Bundrick was also added to the line-up for live performances, adding another element to the band's sound. The band toured North America and Europe in the fall/winter of 1979, playing 25 shows between September 10 and December 28. This soundboard recording captures the band in Chicago, on December 8. 1979, 40 years ago today. Download this one, then come back on December 28 for part 2 of this Same Tour, Different Show entry One sad note - this show took place just 5 days after the tragedy in Cincinnati, where 11 people were killed at the Who's concert in that city. Seats at that show were general admission, and in the rush to to get close to the stage, the victims were trampled and crushed by the crowd.



5 comments:
Thanks for this one, Speedy. I was a HS senior and this was my first rock concert. My good memory from a December 8th.
TALK ABOUT A GREAT FIRST SHOW! ENJOY!
I would appreciate if you could repost this one. Thanks for all you do. I hope after week this is not too much. I really enjoy the Kenney Jones shows. No, he was not Keith Moon, but he had the inevitable task of filling some great shoes did he not? I saw them with him a few times and enjoyed the shows. Different but great concerts.
New link is up - enjoy!
Thank you! Putting it on my iPod as I type.
Post a Comment