Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Blondie - 1978-11-12 - The Palladium, New York, NY (SBD)

Blondie
1978-11-12
The Palladium
New York NY
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Intro > In The Sun
02. X Offender
03. Hanging on the Telephone
04. Detroit 442
05. Fan Mail
06. Picture This
07. 11:59
08. Pretty Baby
09. (I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence, Dear
10. Sunday Girl
11. Denis
12. I'm On E
13. I'm Gonna Love You Too
14. Will Anything Happen?
15. Fade Away and Radiate %
16. I Know But I Don't Know
17. One Way or Another
18. Youth Nabbed As Sniper
19. Kung Fu Girl

Encore 1:
20. Robert Fripp intro
21. Sister Midnight
22. Heroes

Encore 2
23. Bang a Gong (Get It On)


I saw Blondie on July 8, 1979 as part of a double bill with Rockpile at Belmont Race Track.  The contrast between the punk rockers and the Belmont betting clientele, many of who looked like Oscar Madison,  is a sight I'll never forget.  The show was also part of a run of 4 concerts in 3 weeks, as the night before I saw Stephen Stills at The Garden State Arts Center, and then the next 2 Saturdays I would see Jorma on July 14 and the Allman Brothers on July 21. This soundboard recording captures Blondie about 8 months before I saw the band, on November 12, 1978, 37 years ago today!



















2 comments:

redunzl2017 said...

hey speedy,hope you are well. was reading your comments on this show made me think how hilarious
older ushers react to dead freaks at a shows at darien lake, nobodys sitting down people are dancing, so funny to watch em,priceless,
peace

speedymjb said...

So true!

Post a Comment